“there is a large protest across the street”
Review of W Montreal

W Montreal
Ranked #22 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I've stayed at the W Montreal a few times and like the funky ambience although the beds are no where near as comfortable as at Le Meridien Versailles and the hotel in general is quiet lively so you hear lots of ambient sounds at night. Also, in October the Occupy Montreal protest is taking place across the street from the hotel at Victoria Park. The protesters are peaceful and reasonably quiet but it was a bit of a shock to arrive and see the tent city set up in the square! Service is excellent, the food from room service superb, and the valet and front desk staff were all very welcoming. if you are looking for a funky nightclub scene this is the spot.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,502)

Reviewed 21 October 2011

This hotel is a perfect blend of service, charm and chic.

I checked in very early (10 am). My room was not ready but they gave me access to a smaller room so that I could rest and change. Later that afternoon they upgraded me to a suite (absolutely amazing).

Ever interaction from the valet to the room service server was polite, professional and prompt. I was very impressed !

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rs231
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The hotel was beautiful and located in a great spot. The front desk was helpful and made my mother and I very comfortable. I hate that I can't remember the name of the afternoon shift front desk agent with the brown hair and darker skin but I also want to thank Francis the driver and Penelope (Spell Check) from In Room Dining for being great ambassadors for the hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Bryson D
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are looking to actually sleep while you are there. The point of staying in a hotel, right? Apparently on Wednesdays they have a nightclub in the hotel. So unless you like listening to Rick James and Justin Timberlake at 3 in the morning I would find another hotel. Disappointing for sure since the rooms are nice and the location is good. But none of that really matters to a business traveler if they can't get a good night's sleep.

This is not the first time this has happened to me at a W. I think I'm going to drop Starwood Hotels altogether. Maybe they should just open a chain of nightclubs? That way everyone's happy. No more disgruntled business travelers and the club kids still have some place cool to go on Wednesday nights. I won't be back ... unless I somehow magically morph into a rock star.

To be fair they comped my room for the night which is actually for both parties. I paid for a place to sleep. I couldn't sleep, so they don't get paid. Still, seeing as I was on business trip, I'd rather have had a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank LALANYC30
MtlWInsider, Manager at W Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Hello dear guest!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback. We are glad to know you think our rooms are nice and location is good.

I am sorry to read that your experience was not as expected and I want to reassure you that we do our best to prevent this kind of situation. W bars are destination bars where our guests can enjoy music from the best DJ's and have a great time. We work hard to control the sound level and to make sure it won't disturb any of our guests.

If you would like to share more about your time amongst us, please don't hesiate to reach out to me directly. If you plan to come back in Montreal in the near future, I would be more than happy to personally take care of your room reservation.

Your W Montreal Manager

Reviewed 13 October 2011

This is my 3rd time staying at this W Montreal and my last stay was perfect!! Because of my platinum status, I was automatically upgraded to a fantastic suite. The room was huge and beautiful!!! The location of this hotel is amazing! The staff are very friendly and helpful!!
I will definitely go back there again!!! Good job!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BforBoy

Dear platinum guest!

Thank you for sharing these great words about us and for taking some time to write this beautiful review. I will definitely let our team know about it..

We hope to see you back shortly for another perfect time amongst us and wish to thank you for your loyalty to Starwood!

Best regards,