“A Gastronomic Wonder!!!”

Ranked #63 of 6,457 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had dinner at this wonderful restaurant in early October as part of a work event. I found myself ignoring my colleagues because I was so totally wrapped up in what I was being served by our charming server. I shared an heirloom cherry tomato salad with another person and when it arrived, we didn't have the heart to eat it at first because it was so beautifully presented. The tomatoes were arranged in a circle with lovely crunchy bits between and goat cheese. It was marvelous. However, the star of the evening was the main course salmon ...I am still dreaming about that dish. I definitely had a moment with it. Absolutely incredible evening. I will return next time I'm visiting Montreal.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

So unbelievably great! Wow!! Everything was top notch. From the service, to the ambience, to the taste and quality of the food! My wife and I enjoyed our experience at Le Serpent! We started with the oysters, and rabbit tart. Wow!!! Then we had linguini with speck and cauliflower and the lobster risotto dishes. Finally, I had the bass. So tasty. Everything was! Finally for dessert, my wife and I had the tiramisu with espresso and the hazelnut tart! Heavenly!! What an experience!! Thank you Le Serpent!!!

Reviewed 30 October 2018

We've been here many times and sadly just getting around to a review..First off the room is just cool! We love the industrial chic look, the ceiling plumbing pipe sculptures..it's just cool. The food doesn't disappoint either. We had the crudo, always one of our favorites, and the beet salad to start. Both absolutely delicious! A special for the night next.. a tuna tartar on a tomato was phenomenal! Just stellar. For main courses my wife had a tuna special that was a overcooked but delicious. I had the striped bass that was cooked perfectly and amazing. For dessert a chocolate cream, vanilla raspberry thing that the menu description did not do justice to. I'm typically underwhelmed by most desserts.. but this was fantastic!! I almost ordered another.. Had a bottle of chablis and a lovely dessert wine and life was good...very good. In a town full of great restaurants this one is in our favorites list.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Down an alley, in a warehouse. Interesting mix of young and old. Started with burrata beef carpaccio which was good. Salmon texture was weird, a bit mushy, but rosti under was delicious. Tiramisu was weird, more bitter than usual and I couldn't decide if I liked it. It had a lot of chocolate on top and they poured coffee on at the table. Wines by the glass were okay. Service was very slow.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Looked for a restaurant walking distance from our hotel and picked this one. So glad we did! Shared the fois gras to start and it was delicious, the duck entree was amazing and light and flavorful- loved it. Dessert with the praline ice cream was also shareable though I wanted it all to myself! Great service, nice ambiance, highly recommend