“Betcha can't come just once!”

En Couleur Le Village
Ranked #13 of 124 Dessert in Montreal
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Description: Café Crêperie EnCouleur was founded on the single passion of serving the best Pancakes and Specialty Coffee in Montreal. For this purpose, we use a unique home cooking style and recipe for preparing the pancake dough, using high quality, fresh, all natural ingredients. Our coffee selection will delight you as well. Our coffee supplier carries the best coffee grains. Therefore, we use Premium Italian Coffee in every Coffee Specialty Product that we have to offer. Proudly Serving Illy Coffee The DONAIR is the staple food of the Maritimes. Originating from Halifax Nova Scotia, the delectable meal has now made its way to Montreal. Its combination of spicy meat and sweet/tart sauce is a taste that is difficult to convey to others due to its uniqueness. With the authentic recipe, we only use the freshest, high quality ingredients in our meals. Definitely worth the experience!
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Came to En Couleur, brought the fam this time, so much changed since! The menu has much more items, it's noticeably more crowded, and even the look and the decor of the cafe changed, almost looks like an art gallery, so whatever renovations they did, they did not go unnoticed! I had the crepes with strawberries, banana and chocolate this time, believe me, you just HAVE to try them! My girls decided to try something new, and ordered a donnair meat pizza, which they actually finished in one sitting, that's how I know it was that good, they are usually picky little teens, bless their heart... My husband got the pizza sub which the cook made to perfection to his specific demands, even though it was very busy. We also got an order of garlic fingers with bacon for the table, absolutely deeeelish! It's great to have the family sit down to a meal together, through busy work schedules and end of year exams. Couldn't resist getting some Yummi ice cream on our way out. All in all, Delicious food, great atmosphere, good service, makes for a great family supper!

8  Thank jackie5050
SophiaJJJ, Manager at En Couleur Le Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

And you are totally right on your bet! :))) We do appreciate warm words and promise to always try our best to exceed your expectations

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Went for breakfast and we loved it. Such a hidden gem. The food was fantastic, owner was charming and we are so happy we took the chance. If you can get past the not so fantastic neighborhood, it is so so so worth it.

8  Thank Alex W

We'll be delighted to make you happy any time you pass by. Your warm words give us inspiration for continuous improvement.

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Great creperie and place to have breakfast/lunch. Very nice owner who serves swiftly. Prices are modest, too! A good alternative for the terrible joints at Rue St Catherine Est.

8  Thank Evert G

Great results are often cause of laid-back stress-free environment. We have witnessed this to be well appreciated by the loyal clientele. Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed 29 May 2016

Felt like it has been a while I haven't been at the place. With all the daily errands, you don't eve realize how fast the time flies. It was actually ironic because one of my colleagues at the work place decided to invite me for a Saturday Brunch and I was laughing when he told me where we were heading. I was like " Wait a minute, I've been there not long ago?! "

This time decided to go with a traditional greasy breakfast with the smoked meat! Being an avid smoked meat fan, I asked an extra portion of it. The waiter read my thoughts and brought a bottle of mustard. (Somehow he knew I like my smoked meat with extra mustard).

Anyhow, the place was packed and it was someone how in there. After my breakfast, I ordered a baby portion of an ice-cream it and it was just what the doctor prescribed for a hot hot day outside.

9  Thank Tagil R

Thank you for your continued loyalty and support! Your next latte just how you like it is on us!

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Hello Everyone,
I normally don't like to write comments as I firmly believe that people need to discover their favorite things by themselves. Yet, after trying their fantastic crepes and witnessing the hospitality of their staff, I had no choice but to leave my comments. I mean, the homestyle taste of campaign crepes, their bold look make them, in my eyes, the best crepes I have ever tried.

As far as the staff goes, very friendly people work there... People smile at you not because they are required but because they feel like it. There is a big difference when people do something out of their heart or because they have to. It even makes the food so much more enjoyable.

The tiny place was packed and half of the people were trying their pancakes. Will be paying them a visit soon. They are also serving authentic Halifax donairs. Can't wait to try these at my next visit.

7  Thank tarzan b

We are happy you discovered and liked our genuine recipes! Let us know if we could make something even better.