“Amazing donair and crepes”

En Couleur Le Village
Ranked #13 of 124 Dessert in Montreal
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Description: Café Crêperie EnCouleur was founded on the single passion of serving the best Pancakes and Specialty Coffee in Montreal. For this purpose, we use a unique home cooking style and recipe for preparing the pancake dough, using high quality, fresh, all natural ingredients. Our coffee selection will delight you as well. Our coffee supplier carries the best coffee grains. Therefore, we use Premium Italian Coffee in every Coffee Specialty Product that we have to offer. Proudly Serving Illy Coffee The DONAIR is the staple food of the Maritimes. Originating from Halifax Nova Scotia, the delectable meal has now made its way to Montreal. Its combination of spicy meat and sweet/tart sauce is a taste that is difficult to convey to others due to its uniqueness. With the authentic recipe, we only use the freshest, high quality ingredients in our meals. Definitely worth the experience!
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I moved to Montreal from Calgary. I have been searching for a proper Halifax style donair for a year. Finally we have found one. En Couleur is the only place in this entire city that has this. We tried it for the first time today and I couldn't have been happier! It's a legitimate proper Halifax donair. The owner was amazing and super welcoming. We also tried the blueberry chocolate crepe which was also wonderful! We will be frequenting this restaurant regularly. We both fell in love immediately!! For anyone searching for a delicious, garlicky, sweet and savoury, huge donair, this place is the real deal!

SophiaJJJ, Manager at En Couleur Le Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Krystyna!

Very happy to hear you enjoyed your food! Our original chef was from Halifax but after his sudden departure, it took us some time to bring the recipe identical to the one in Halifax! We're happy we made it!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My boyfriend and I went to the Coleur le Village in the morning for breakfast. From the street it looked quiet dark inside so first we thought it's closed. Good that we checked - it's definitely worth going inside. You will get great crepes and coffee in a very friendly atmosphere!

The menu consists of different sections - sweet and salty crepes, american breakfast, omlettes, pasta, pizza, among others. We chose a sweet crepe with strawberries and choclate and a salty one with ham, bacon, cheese and scrambled egg.
When the two plates came we were already impressed by the size of the crepes, they had to be cut in halves to fit on the plates. That then actually gave us the idea to share the salty and the sweet crepe so that each of us can enjoy both. And I have to say, both of them were really tasty! The plates were decorated with fresh fruits and the salty crepe came with additional maple sirup.
We had a nice conversation with the staff so we felt very welcome.

Ississa,
Thank you for such informative review! Please check us on Instagram and Facebook.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My friend and I were walking back from la Comédie de Montréal after a play and we just stumbled upon this place. Since we were starving, we decided to try it out and BAM we loudly fell in love !!!! The crepes are delicious and Nicolas, which I believe is the owner, is the nicest person I've ever met.

1  Thank Chrystèle D

Chrystèle,

Thank you on behalf of Nicolas and the rest of the team!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Best nachos ever!!! Meat lovers you're at the right place! Good service in a cozy place. Good prices too.

Well, thank you for your comments! We'll surely make them as good on your next visit now that we know you liked them so much!

Reviewed 2 June 2017

On our trip to Montreal we stayed in a rented room a few blocks from En Couleur, and frankly chose it for breakfast one morning simply because it was nearby. It was well worth the visit! Coffee is served in a jumbo mug, far bigger than any I have ever gotten at a regular diner or cafe. Even still, our waiter asked us for refills - now that's service! I had a yummy omelette, and my friend had a delicious crepe. The prices are very fair, and the staff is incredibly sweet and friendly. The owner and waiter could not have been more apologetic for running out of ham for my omelette (the owner explained that she buys everything fresh each morning; the market was out of ham), and they were quick to make any meat substitution that I wanted. Furthermore, the staff continued to speak to us about our visit, and just make friendly conversation overall. A nice place to go if you want to live like a local.

Hello and thank you for your appreciation! We are especially happy that you took the time to elaborate your review in slightest details! It's all about the details and having 1000 little details make one big appreciation!