“At least we had good company”
Review of Kobe Steakhouse

Kobe Steakhouse
Ranked #3,629 of 5,993 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We got coupons online and decided to try out this place out. We were first put at a table next to se sort of cold room, there was absolutely no heating just a couple of space heaters and they wet used by other tables so we asked to change. One table was broken so we had to wait for one of the tables to be free. We waited an extra 20 minutes only to be put at a table that was equally cold. Another group was then put at the table with us but they left after 20 minutes because it was too cold. To top it off this table was next to a door that the staff use when going to smoke. So every so often we would get a draft and a whiff of cigarettes. We sucked it up since we had coupons. The lady said the coupon was valid for 3 options and basically they were the cheapest things on the menu. I was under the impression that there was more options from the site. Finally the manager apologized and said it is a new promotion and we are the first to use it and they were not yet sure how they would work it. Fine. We ordered and then waited. We waited about an hour before our chef got to us. It seemed they had 2 chefs for 6 tables at a tepenyaki place on a Friday night. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food when they finally got it I on the other hand was disappointed. My shrimps were fishy tasting almost not fresh and the chucked was play until I chewed on some sort of bone or hardened fat. The rice was not really fried rice and was actually bland. I sucked it up and ate it but I can't really say I enjoyed it. As for everyone else I don't know if they enjoyed it or were just being polite. Also the bathroom was not very clean and surprise it was also freezing. In all I'm glad we has the coupons because the menu was very pricey and I so not feel it is with the listed prices. I do not think this is somewhere we will be returning. I think we will stick with Beni Hana for our tepenyaki needs.

2  Thank AZS1989

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Fair enough, it's the same everytime you go. But the food is really nice and the waiters really put on a good show. The teppenyaki makes for a very social meal. The shrimps and scallops are great. I have introduced many friends to this restaurant, and they all want to go back again and again. Worth a try!

Reviewed 14 May 2011

No....I found the restaurant very dirty !!
From the old carpets to the crushed food on the floors.
Carpets in a Japan restaurent ??
The cook kept wiping his sweaty face on his sleeves.
The cooks was commenting on all the big chested ladies
that walked by our station. After the lobster
tails were cooking for 3 min...I caught the cook taking a bad piece of lobster
off the table because it was not good. I noticed in the kitchen where
they prepare to trolleys...food was hanging off the trolleys to the floor. I first thought
it was garbage waiting for the trash.
At the station where you eat... there is a large gap at the stainless steel and the table where they place the dishes....there is goopy slime left by food over the years
Never again !!!

2  Thank lassie54m
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I've been to a Kobe in Niagara Falls & the japenese cook was doing a show with his knives cuting meat & veggies.I've to Kobe Montreal & the cook brought some surlonge & chicken cubes already cut from the kitchen,then throw that on the grill ,separating all that with his spatula. Not a big show indeed.The only show there is is when pouring alcohol on the gril it makes flame.I'll never go back there again.The cooks are canadian only serving staff are japenese.

1  Thank La_Felina_1961
Reviewed 26 August 2010

the food is to die for, the staff is entertaining and the amount of food you receive is insanity!!

2  Thank 1119Steph