“Dirty place.”

Kobe Steakhouse
Ranked #3,629 of 5,993 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Reviewed 27 November 2014

I would not have paid full price for dinner here. The place is on a second floor which is not the point. The carpet leading up to the restaurant was not dirty, it was filthy. I nearly doubled back when I saw this. Once up at the restaurant I was disappointed as it looked dirty also. If I didn't have a voucher for a special price, I would not have come. We were promised a spectacle which we never got except for a big ball of fire coming from the hot plate in front of us. We were 4 for dinner. The soup was pretty much water, the vegetables were good, the shrimps also, but we had ordered the filet mignon...I don't know if they think we never had filet mignon before...but, this one wasn't the real thing for sure. It was finally chopped from our chef, but was hard to eat, not tender like a filet mignon is suppose to be. It felt more like tenderloin...without the tender..... I left most of it on my plate. Desert was just ice cream. Most of the area was oily and dirty Remember, this is a ''show''. The bathroom (which is usually a good place to look for the cleanliness of a place), was barely ok. I would not recommend this restaurant. If you want to eat Japanese food, I would suggest Benihanna.

3  Thank Photographer_9

Reviewed 15 November 2014

Dirty place,Even the ceramic tile walls in the bathroom are greasy.When we sat down I looked up an saw the dripping grease laden hood fan above the cooking surface.Disgusting !!! The meal was no better than so-so. If you want this experience and you don't want to be disappointed ,go to Toyo on Mountain st. Downtown. Much better food and the whole experience beats the hell out of Kobe.

1  Thank Anthony H
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We got a voucher from livingsocial.com as a present and were looking forward to a nice dinner out. When we arrived at the restaurant I was dissapointed about how old and dark the whole place looks like. When we sat down, EVERYTHING was oily and dirty and greasy! The chairs, the menu, the forks, the floor... If the dinner hadn't been paid already I would have left that place immediately!
The food was ok but you only get a small amount of the 'good' food (like seafood) and then huge amounts of rice and noudles (cheapest way to make you full..) They make a nice little show with the cooking directly at your table but that's the only thing there that was ok.. The waiter couldnt explain what some of the food on the menu was and the cook that cooked at our table looked a bit bored..
I would never ever go there again and I would not recommend this place to anyone!

3  Thank Jasmin R
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Poor quality food, lots of rice, mushrooms, onions, little bits of filet minion, scallops, chicken, shrimp. Salad over saturated with sauce, soup tasted like soap or dish water, horrible. The show was just as poor.

1  Thank marzio
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We got coupons online and decided to try out this place out. We were first put at a table next to se sort of cold room, there was absolutely no heating just a couple of space heaters and they wet used by other tables so we asked to change. One table was broken so we had to wait for one of the tables to be free. We waited an extra 20 minutes only to be put at a table that was equally cold. Another group was then put at the table with us but they left after 20 minutes because it was too cold. To top it off this table was next to a door that the staff use when going to smoke. So every so often we would get a draft and a whiff of cigarettes. We sucked it up since we had coupons. The lady said the coupon was valid for 3 options and basically they were the cheapest things on the menu. I was under the impression that there was more options from the site. Finally the manager apologized and said it is a new promotion and we are the first to use it and they were not yet sure how they would work it. Fine. We ordered and then waited. We waited about an hour before our chef got to us. It seemed they had 2 chefs for 6 tables at a tepenyaki place on a Friday night. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food when they finally got it I on the other hand was disappointed. My shrimps were fishy tasting almost not fresh and the chucked was play until I chewed on some sort of bone or hardened fat. The rice was not really fried rice and was actually bland. I sucked it up and ate it but I can't really say I enjoyed it. As for everyone else I don't know if they enjoyed it or were just being polite. Also the bathroom was not very clean and surprise it was also freezing. In all I'm glad we has the coupons because the menu was very pricey and I so not feel it is with the listed prices. I do not think this is somewhere we will be returning. I think we will stick with Beni Hana for our tepenyaki needs.

2  Thank AZS1989