“Good different dinner.”

Kobe Steakhouse
Ranked #2,620 of 6,372 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Description: Kobe is the art of Teppanyaki at its best. In Japanese, Teppanyaki means "grilled on an iron plate" - a style of cooking performed before your eyes in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Inspired by the Japanese culinary tradition, our specialties - beef, pork and poultry prepared to perfection, succulent fish and seafood, vegetarian dishes - will seduce all palates.
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We were 2 couples that chose this restaurant for a change. The quality of the food was acceptable, The sirloin was not tender. The rest was O.K. The restaurant was full and the service was slow. The cleanliness was O.K. but definetly this place need a remodel.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Not worth it.. dont waste your money.. super greasy food and the assiette de pecheur is not worth the price.. waste of your time and money

Reviewed 24 February 2015

we are regulars at Beni Hana and we decided to try Kobe.
While there is nothing bad to say about the food .... There is nothing great either
Don't get me wrong it is acceptable but no more, if you compare the quality of the food between the 2 places there is no question that BeniHana is better.
As important the cleanliness of the place is acceptable at best. Older surroundings / chairs / with an old carpet in part of the place.
Again nothing bad ... but ... still it could be improved greatly by upgrading some of the furniture / place.

4  Thank Robert5635
Reviewed 9 February 2015

We went there for a change of scene from traditional restaurants and were not disappointed, although a little skeptical at first on account of the location, above a motel. In fact we had a lot of fun; the lay-out is very party like and overall it takes 3 hours for the whole dinner experience, so ample time to sip your cocktail and chat. There is a lot of laughing going on at every table, a lot of it prompted by the funny cooks.

Our cocktails were delicious - try the Kobe Cocktail and their Sake. Our meal was fine, especially the shrimps and scallops. My filet mignon was very tender The surloin and chicken were more ordinary but good. The soup is a tasty broth, a good buffer between drinks and the proper meal. The salad was the usual iceberg with tasty dressing. The vegetable portion was generous and tasty with mushrooms, zucchinis and onions; you also get rice and noodles, so, overall one eats well and more than enough, but given that you eat slowly, it's fine.

Service was very good and friendly; the cook, of course, did his little show and made us laugh.

I found the washrooms clean and orderly. Floors are hard surfaces, so of course, when you have a hundred people with boots walking around, you might see some stains during the evening, but that's ok. Our table and cooking surface was clean.

Overall I recommend Kobe for a fun evening and good food.

3  Thank France P
Reviewed 27 November 2014

I would not have paid full price for dinner here. The place is on a second floor which is not the point. The carpet leading up to the restaurant was not dirty, it was filthy. I nearly doubled back when I saw this. Once up at the restaurant I was disappointed as it looked dirty also. If I didn't have a voucher for a special price, I would not have come. We were promised a spectacle which we never got except for a big ball of fire coming from the hot plate in front of us. We were 4 for dinner. The soup was pretty much water, the vegetables were good, the shrimps also, but we had ordered the filet mignon...I don't know if they think we never had filet mignon before...but, this one wasn't the real thing for sure. It was finally chopped from our chef, but was hard to eat, not tender like a filet mignon is suppose to be. It felt more like tenderloin...without the tender..... I left most of it on my plate. Desert was just ice cream. Most of the area was oily and dirty Remember, this is a ''show''. The bathroom (which is usually a good place to look for the cleanliness of a place), was barely ok. I would not recommend this restaurant. If you want to eat Japanese food, I would suggest Benihanna.

3  Thank Photographer_9