“Superb quality with zero pretense”
Review of Hoogan et Beaufort

Hoogan et Beaufort
Reserve with OpenTable
Hoogan et Beaufort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 6,370 Restaurants in Montreal
Neighbourhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Neighbourhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Hoogan et Beaufort offers that rare combination of very carefully crafted food served in an inviting room by a friendly, low key staff. I went in with intention of not having the tasting menu, but I am so glad I did. The server and the chef were extremely accommodating of my friends special request. Every course was wonderfully composed: flavorfully, visually, and texturally. Each plate was a stand up winner and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Dining at Hoogan et Beaufort is simply a truly enjoyable evening and I can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? This place reminds me of Williamsburg before it was trendy. It's out of the main city area and where the warehouses and industrial businesses seem to be. You'll easily miss the spot if not for the drive in theatre style sign. But sometimes you have to go off the beaten path to find the gold mine. This is it!

It's not a trendy neighborhood by any means. In fact, there's only two other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. And to be honest, they seem dead. But ignore all that and come up Hoogan et Beaufort.

I wasn't remotely hungry but I decided to go with the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairing, because why the hell not?

First course - bean salad with smoked sour cream
Second - Argentinan shrimp and fava beans
Bonus - the grilled bread with whipped butter is to die for
Third - Seared scallop and crispy pulled pork. Think chicharrones on a piece of pulled pork. The onion puree was magical.
Forth - lamb shank. Surprisely as good as the lamb was, the vegetables on this dish was even more superb
Dessert - I hate sweets but I didn't hate this. Strawberry sorbet and black garlic chocolate. So amazing.

Everything here was on point. Each pairing worked perfectly. My sommelier David was great. And everything off the fire pit grill was unbelievable. That includes the bread.

Will I be back? Yeah I made my next reservation before the dessert. Think about that.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We were a large group of 9 and this is not a big restaurant-it was still cold in late April, so no outside seating available. We received excellent service and our server recommend some nice wines, including French & Italian wines. My sweetbread starter was excellent, with delicious glacé. The blackened focaccia bread is also great. My duck entree was cooked perfectly and everyone enjoyed their selections from fish to beef entrees. Vegetable sides were cooked perfectly. Presentations were wonderful, portions just right. Everything was farm to table fresh. One of the most enjoyable meals I have had and would highly recommend it. Prices are reasonable for the high quality food and upscale, comfortable ambiance.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Sitting at the bar is sometimes very fascinating. Seeing the chef and all of the cooks doing there thing in the kitchen is amazing. The food is delicious and the service is exceptional. It’s a little pricy, but it’s really good and worth it. The pasta with nuts, purée, duck, rib and wine was all superb. My friend and I couldn’t stop telling each other how great it was. I would definitely go again and look at the chefs:p Only thing I didn’t go crazy for was the desert, it was du déjà vue.

Enjoy:)

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Found this beauty on Trip Advisor and managed the get the last two seats in the place. My wife and I both had the tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was a fantastic meal and we wouldn’t hesitate to go back again.