Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
US$91
  • Restaurant
Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$80
BestWestern.com
Hotel Sainte-Anne(Quebec City)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
US$120
US$111
US$90
Hotels.com
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hotels.com
US$81
US$237
  • Restaurant
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$75
All reviewsgreat locationbars and restaurantsold quebecno windowmin walkhardwood floorsseparate roomsfront desk manageran older buildingspent two nightsplains of abrahamhotel acadiabreakfast was includedthe hotel offerswonderful hotelcomfy bedwalked everywhere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I really wasn’t impressed for a few reasons. There are no elevators which is a huge pain ... although they did offer to carry our bags up for us. The room was quite small and the bed was largely uncomfortable. Our window looked into construction of a high rise building. They began hammering concrete at 7am. I know this is not the hotel’s fault but I think anyone who is planning to stay here should know. The breakfast was not very tasty. I think this is an alright hotel, but not for the price we paid.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Jonathan T, General Manager at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Jessica,
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your comments and for choosing our hotel for your last visit in Quebec city. We work hard every day to make sure all our guests have pleasant, simple and relaxing stays. Since we work with century building, we don't have any elevator and our team are always there to help our guests with their bags. You can also always mention your preferences at the reservation, like a low floor. You right about the construction in the back of the hotel, and we don't have any control on it, but it should be done in few days. Your comments are very important for us in order to always continue to improve our hotel and our service. Best regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very quaint being in an old home.
The location is excellent with everything close by.
The staff are very helpful and are bilingual.
Guests running up and down the stairs may disturb you if you are a light sleeper.
Only complaint was there was no window to look out. Only window was in the washroom and
Covered over.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Jonathan T, General Manager at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Mills75,
Thank you very much for your review and for choosing our hotel for your las trip in Quebec city. We are truly happy that you had good time at our property and that you loved our service which is our top priority. All our team work hard every day to make sur all our guests have pleasant, simple and relaxing stays. Please feel free to mention your preferences for your room, like the windows, for your next reservations. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We are a family of four with kids aged 10 & 11. We really enjoyed our time experiencing Quebec on foot. We were very happy to return to our room in the evening and relax and recharge for the next day. The breakfast was always excellent and the whole breakfast area was extremely well taken care of during the morning while guests were moving through.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank seacl0ud
TommyBernier1, Responsable des relations publiques at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

First, we would like to thank you very much for this amazing review. We are glad to read that you fully enjoyed your stay in our hotel. It is nice to read that you found the location of the establishment convenient. Also, we are happy to read that you appreciated the breakfast and the service you received. Let us assure you that your good words will be share with our employees. Once again, thank you very much. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again soon! Marie-Pier R.D.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had a suite which overlooked Grand-Allee. I thought it would be noisy but it was not. This was a good location as it was in walking distance to shopping and restaurants withing the walled city. The breakfast buffet was average but convenient. I would like to have decaf coffee as an option. I usually ask for a high floor. So with only three floors I was on the 3rd floor. No elevator but the gentleman on the front desk offered to take my bags up. I liked the quaintness of the rooms with hardwood floors. A big thank you to Etienne who was so helpful when I discovered I had left my credit card on the train. I felt I had my own personal help desk as he answered questions about where I could exchange money, navigating the computer keyboard, etc.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank maj3004
TommyBernier1, Responsable des relations publiques at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

First, we would like to thank you for this beautiful review. We are so happy to read that you fully appreciated your stay with us. It is nice to know that the suite we assigned you pleased you. It is true that we are located on one of the busiest streets of Quebec City, we are happy you did not hear a noise. Also, as you said, it is the perfect location to fully enjoy the city attractions. We are glad to read that our staff was helpful to you. Let us assure you that your good words will be transferred to Étienne. Once again, we thank you very much. It would be a pleasure to welcome you for a second time on your next trip in town! Best regards, Marie-Pier R.D.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is average. The rooms could use an update but with all that is around we didn't really stay in the room very much. It was clean and comfortable upon arrival, however you cannot adjust the thermostat no matter what is said. If you adjust the temperature, it stays the same. I guess we got used to it after awhile. A plus is the breakfast. With as expensive as meals are, this was a sigh of relief. The location is pretty good if you enjoy about a 15 min walk down to upper Old Quebec. It is on the hill so there is a slight incline going back to the hotel. It's location is amongst many bars and restaurants which can be a plus. For me, the stay was average. I would have preferred to maybe stay closer to all of the sites but if you don't mind walking a bit this is a good location.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
TommyBernier1, Responsable des relations publiques at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad to read that our establishment answered your needs. It is true that the location is perfect to enjoy the City attractions nearby many restaurants and bars. We take good note of the issues concerning the temperature adjustment. As it is a central heating, you have to ask the front desk for modification. We are sorry for the inconvenience you have lived. We would also like to thank you for your good words about our establishment even if you did not fully enjoy it yourself. We are glad that the included breakfast pleased you. Thank you for your time, Marie-Pier R.D.