“Very good asian fusion restaurant”
Review of Calao

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boul laurier
Description: Le CALAO vous propose une variete d'experiences culinaires qui vous feront voyager aux quatre coins de l'Asie. Que vous choisissiez de prendre un verre au lounge inspire de la modernite chinoise, de faire l'essai de notre bar a sushi typiquement japonais ou encore d'experimenter notre grill coreen traditionnel, vous connaitrez une immersion orientale complete et actuelle. Situe au deuxieme etage, vous profiterez d'une vue impressionnante qui surplombe la ville.
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Their menu is one of a kind but I prefer to get one of the classics. They're Cashew dish is very good and I would recommend this to all who'd like to try something new or love Asian food. I go at least once a year and I'm never disappointed. I also like the fact that this place is a Bring-Your-Own-Wine restaurant so you could choose your own wine to pair with their food. I appreciate that they have staff that speak English very well and that they have English menus available. They also have free underground parking. This place is chic. A must-try!

1  Thank mieckers

Reviewed 21 March 2015

I am careful on Asian restaurant and more then often deceived, I was greatly pleased.
My wife and I had decided to share ours plates which allowed us to have a broad view of the cuisine. We tried Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc.... everything was delicious we were there on a Monday night so the Restaurant was calm and we had the time to obtain a perfect description of our food.

1  Thank Jean Michel R
Reviewed 24 August 2014

They had a great variety of dishes: Korean, Japanese, Thai, etc. I dined at this place on several occasions and was nebver disappointed. The service is exceptionally friendly and efficient. You must bring your own wine to this place, but it is very convenient that there is a large liquor store in the same building. The athmosphere is terrific, the decor is very good and the large windows allow for a good view. The dishes are very reasonably priced, and they all are delicious, I tried several, from makis and sashimis to thai and vietnamese. Salmon tartare was excellent, as was curry roasted duck, filet mignon, beef teriyaki, etc ... The restaurant is located in the center of Sainte-Foy with easy underground parking. I would visit again any chance I get.

1  Thank Mr_Shaw35805
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I called at 16:30 for a diner reservation for two. We had a reservation for 20:30. When we got there, the guy at the entrance asked me if I was sure I did call. Things went downhill from there. The restaurant was full and there was at least 20 persons waiting at the entrance. He told us to follow him for our table. We followed him in the entire restaurant and didn't find a seat. He asked us to wait in the middle of the restaurant (it was pretty obvious they lost our reservation). They put me and girlfriend in the bar section where it was noisy as hell and a party was going on. We wanted a romantic and peaceful dinner. I asked immediately for another place and we were told (in a mean way) that they would see what they could do. It was unacceptable and i left the restaurant. It was the first time I went there and turned to be the last. I do not recommend.

1  Thank theplux
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The restaurant is beautiful the food really mediocre . Made to please your need for grease salt and oil but the taste is bland ! I tried everybody's plate all were the same .
Like many too Asian restaurant the quantity is there but not the quality ..
I find that by trying to please our love for fast food they lose the authenticity of their cuisine.
And we hate fas food so not a good choice .
At least the wine was great , we can bring our own :-)

2  Thank Paulyne17