“Wort Asian place in quebec”
Review of Calao

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boul laurier
Description: Le CALAO vous propose une variete d'experiences culinaires qui vous feront voyager aux quatre coins de l'Asie. Que vous choisissiez de prendre un verre au lounge inspire de la modernite chinoise, de faire l'essai de notre bar a sushi typiquement japonais ou encore d'experimenter notre grill coreen traditionnel, vous connaitrez une immersion orientale complete et actuelle. Situe au deuxieme etage, vous profiterez d'une vue impressionnante qui surplombe la ville.
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

Visit this place with wife..both dish was real bad it is not usual not finish dish.. but it was just bad.. price as for Asian food is high.. not recommending

1  Thank ViktorasZ

Reviewed 6 October 2015

We took a reservation for 8, they told us over the phone that they had a reservation at 8PM. It's okay no problem, we will manage to eat our food in 3 hours...

When we arrived the waitress gave us the menu and then came back few second after. We haven't had the time to take a look at the menu - at all. She told us again, in a very rude way, that we need to order now because we have to get out by 8PM and that she doesn't want the kitchen to have a rush. We didn't felt welcome at all. We thought about leaving but as we were there it couldn't be worst.

And that was wrong. The food was not the best. Not disgusting, just. Okay. Nowhere the price we paid for it. They have korean BBQ but we need to reserve that particular place and it's only for 4 people, when they feel like it.... Okay, then you shouldn't put on the menu that you have korean BBQ then...

The busgirl was really friendly. Thanks to her we had a nice memory of the place. Otherwise, it's a no-no.

Go somewhere else.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Their menu is one of a kind but I prefer to get one of the classics. They're Cashew dish is very good and I would recommend this to all who'd like to try something new or love Asian food. I go at least once a year and I'm never disappointed. I also like the fact that this place is a Bring-Your-Own-Wine restaurant so you could choose your own wine to pair with their food. I appreciate that they have staff that speak English very well and that they have English menus available. They also have free underground parking. This place is chic. A must-try!

1  Thank mieckers
Reviewed 21 March 2015

I am careful on Asian restaurant and more then often deceived, I was greatly pleased.
My wife and I had decided to share ours plates which allowed us to have a broad view of the cuisine. We tried Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc.... everything was delicious we were there on a Monday night so the Restaurant was calm and we had the time to obtain a perfect description of our food.

1  Thank Jean Michel R
Reviewed 24 August 2014

They had a great variety of dishes: Korean, Japanese, Thai, etc. I dined at this place on several occasions and was nebver disappointed. The service is exceptionally friendly and efficient. You must bring your own wine to this place, but it is very convenient that there is a large liquor store in the same building. The athmosphere is terrific, the decor is very good and the large windows allow for a good view. The dishes are very reasonably priced, and they all are delicious, I tried several, from makis and sashimis to thai and vietnamese. Salmon tartare was excellent, as was curry roasted duck, filet mignon, beef teriyaki, etc ... The restaurant is located in the center of Sainte-Foy with easy underground parking. I would visit again any chance I get.

1  Thank Mr_Shaw35805