I'm 42, male, my wife and I stayed at Les Lofts for 4 nights.
Great experience. We have never tried staying in someone's place over a hotel and honestly, I may never stay in a hotel again.
1. Check in. Super easy. Once you book the lofts, you will get some emails from the owner. There is a key pad on the street level that he will give you the code to. Once inside the front door, there's little key boxes on the wall, the owner gives you the code to the box with your room number and voila! You are good to go. It's that easy. Parking anywhere in Quebec City will cost you and will most likely be in a parking lot close to where you are staying. A parking pass is available through the lofts and the under ground parking lot is very close. There is temp parking on the street right out front to let you load and unload your car, you just can't keep it on the street over night. Doesn't matter where you stay, parking will be a small challenge. Once we parked the car, we never needed it again until we left.
2. Location. Perfect. Les Loft is inside the old wall and located on the best street for restaurants and bars. The attractions around town are spread out, so you will be walking a lot. The best part of the lofts location is it is very central, 5 minute walk to this, 5 minutes to that... awesome. AND when it gets to night time and you want to have a couple drinks, you are in the heart of the pubs and restaurants. Sooo many to chose from.
3. Clean and modern. Newly renovated, you can tell. Modern appliances, full kitchen with pots and pans. So easy to make your meals if you want to save a couple bucks.
4. Beautiful terrace on the roof. What a perk. You can take the elevator (another perk if you had too much to drink) to the third floor and take the steps up to the terrace. It is very big and a common space for others staying in the apartments but definitely big enough for multiple groups. You get an awesome view of the city and surrounding areas. There are picnic tables up there, you could take a couple of beers and watch the sun go down and the lights come on. Very cool.
5. Internet was easy, there's a sheet of paper on the table with the password.
We went in the off season and pricing was excellent. I would expect this place to be more money during peak season. Whatever the price increase, I know I would pay it. It is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for an accommodation, condo or hotel in Old-Quebec City? Would you like to participate in the Quebec Carnival or Festival d'ete de Quebec? The 19th century Lofts 1048 is the perfect place to take advantage of the beautiful city of Quebec. The great yet quite location of the building in the old town makes it a perfect choice to discover on foot one of the oldest cities in North America. Either you are visiting for pleasure or business you will enjoy having all main sights and boutiques of Vieux Quebec within 5 minutes walking distance. The Lofts can accommodate up to 4 people and are perfect for a one week stay or more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Les Lofts 1048 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Lofts 1048 Quebec/Quebec City