All reviews library room homemade croissants welcome home great hosts other guests every morning chateau frontenac shared bathroom charming b b old quebec felt like home clawfoot tub four poster bed making dinner reservations clip clop european city perfect location
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

There are many places to stay in Old Quebec City, but you can't beat the atmosphere of La Marquise de Bassano bed and breakfast. Francis, his wife, Anik, and neighbors welcomed us as if we were old friends. We stayed 5 nights. Each morning we were greeted with a fabulous breakfast that included fresh croissants made by Francis. We enjoyed not being rushed, taking time to talk with Francis about his family home (the B&B), meeting other guests, sharing our and their adventures of yesterday and the day to come, and when we wanted, just some quiet time.

Nothing was hard to get to nor far to walk to. La Marquise is a very short taxis ride from the cruise ship ports even in morning traffic. Francis has great recommendations for places to see, things to do and restaurants to visit.

We hope to be able to visit the La Marquise de Bassano, Francis and Anik, and Old Quebec City again soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Francis M, Owner at B&B La Marquise de Bassano, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about us and our B&B. Anik and I (and neighbors as well!) were so happy to welcome you and share some lovely moments with you both. All the best dear friends! Looking forward to meeting you again...

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Frances was an amazing host. He has created a gracious, warm, inviting atmosphere for his guests with beautifully decorated rooms and interesting artwork. Breakfast was hearty and very good, and as a solo traveler, I felt welcomed by him and the friends that he had dropping in from time to time. And then there is Maurice, the neighbor's lovely dog...highly recommend this establishment for these reasons, and also for the close location to so many attractions in the city. Thank you, Frances, for making my stay so memorable!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Pam G
francismckenzie, Propriétaire at B&B La Marquise de Bassano, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Pam,
We would like to thank you for sharing your appreciation with everyone. Solo travelers like you will know where to go... you gave them many good reasons to visit us. All the best and see you soon,
Just Be and Be!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

If you visit Quebec, you must stay here! Francis and Nicholas were the perfect hosts – welcoming, friendly and helpful! Our room was very comfortable and peaceful -- I slept better here than I do at home! La Marquise de Bassano is located on a quiet street, yet within easy walking distance of many tourist attractions and a stunning view of the city and St. Lawrence River. We also enjoyed the amazing breakfast served each morning. It was a wonderful experience and we have many happy memories of our trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michicarphil

Dear guest,
Your review means a lot to us. It also gives to our future guests an idea of our welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Thank you for sharing your stay with everyone. Looking forward to welcoming you again. Welcome home again, and Just Be and Be!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the Marquise. Location was very convenient; we were right in the heart of the Old City, close to all the main tourist attractions. Breakfast was delicious, I always looked forward to that. Bedrooms were comfortable and clean. Our host was helpful, attentive, and friendly. I would recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to Quebec City on a budget.

Room Tip: I would try to book a room with its own washroom.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I had lived in Quebec City for a year when I was much younger, a time that has remained with me. We lived in the shadow of the Chateau Frontenac, so when I travel back this is the area I want to stay. We had a wonderful, most comfortable time staying at the Marquise...so conveniently located downtown in the Old Town, but quiet and peaceful as well. It takes literally minutes to walk to the Dufferin Terrace and the Citadel, and all the restaurants and shops feel even closer. The defining touch was the warm and personable service displayed by man-of-many-talents Francis. Always a friendly salutation of "good mornings", "pleasant evenings", and "have a great day"s. And the breakfast? If your appetite is large enough you could possibly stay eating for hours with the riches provided on the morning table. Thank you again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim H
francismckenzie, Propriétaire at B&B La Marquise de Bassano, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Merci Tim for taking the time to write such a nice review about us. We are looking forward to seeing you again in a near future... All I can say is Welcome back home!