Lowest prices for your stay
US$97
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
US$97
Free cancellation until 02/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$87
Free cancellation until 01/10/22
Hotels.comUS$97
TravelocityUS$97
PricelineUS$97
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in the weekend and really enjoyed the hotel. Super location, just 2 blocks from Mall and downtown restaurants and pubs. Room was clean and comfortable. Will stay here again for sure. Staff at front desk very pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank H1764JLgregs
Reviewed 30 November 2020

We stayed here before; I bring my sister in for various surgeries and Dr appointments. This is close to everything, with a parking lot attached. Both stays during Covid times, they are very careful. No restaurant but a nice grab & go pre-cooked breakfast with a variety of choices, plus instant oatmeal or cereal. The heating system isn't great, impossible to regulate, but not the end of the world. Otherwise very nice, huge room with large beds, good wi-fi.
So, the second time I booked, I could not find the direct phone number on the website. (it was there, I just somehow missed seeing it at first.) I found a 1 800 number on line for them, which was listed as the Holiday Inn on 11th ave, but was actually ReservationDesk.com. The guy on the phone outright lied to me. I asked if they have ground floor rooms because my sister doesn't like elevators, he said there was and I could have it - but in reality there are no ground floor rooms. I asked if I could reserve with my credit card and my sister would pay the bill on arrival, like we did last time, he said yes, then pre-charged the full amount to my card. I asked if they still had the grab&go breakfast during Covid, he said yes. In actuality they don't have it right now. (Which is fine, but he lied!) I asked if the parking was included in the final price he quoted (and then immediately charged to my card), he said yes, but in fact it was not included. The hotel ended up waiving the parking fee, which was very kind of them, since the booking company also charges the hotel a chunk of money for the booking. I will never use this booking site again. I kept asking if this was the direct number to the hotel, because the guy kept mispronouncing Regina and being vague about the street area. He kept saying "this is the right number". Only after I gave my credit card number did he admit he was in the USA on a third party booking site. Then he said the full amount was charged to my credit card, and I said "I specifically asked if my sister could pay when we got there". He said, "Oh sorry, I misunderstood." They lie to get your money and charge the hotel a booking fee. Not the hotel's fault at all, just be careful when booking.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

My wife, sister in law and myself were travelling out to B.C. We were suppose to stay at the Wyndam (downtown). It was booked well in advance with Priceline.com.
When we arrived we were shocked to learn that the Wyndam had been closed because of Covid-19 since April. Thanks for the heads up.
We began to phone around to find alternate accommodations. The Holiday Inn was literally around the corner. The staff were super friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. The grab bag breakfast was a smart alternative to traditional Continental.
We had to pay extra for parking but this was the only negative aspect of our experience. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2019

I did a quick overnight trip to Regina in mid-December, and rolled into the Holiday Inn Express in beautiful downtown Regina at roughly 8:30 pm. The lobby was decked out for Christmas, and although I didn’t have a reservation, there was no problem getting a room on a quiet Sunday night.

I got a room on the second floor, close to the elevator since I had a few things I needed to lug in from my vehicle. Parking in the Impark lot adjacent to the hotel was $15/night. Room was nice, with a comfortable king bed, Keurig coffee maker, microwave and bar fridge. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Hotel wireless was OK, with download speeds around 20 MBS and upload at 8.6 MBS according to my Onavo Speed Test app. There is no in-house restaurant, but there are the standard breakfast offerings (toast, bagels, eggs, bacon, dry cereal etc) in an appealing space just off the front desk.

The area is nicely walkable, with the Cornwall Centre Mall a convenient short stroll down the block.

Staff were professional and courteous, and the $104/night fee was reasonable. I had a good sleep in a quiet room, and I’d have no qualms about staying again.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Don B
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

Took me a few seconds to digest my disappointment with the room that was allocated to me, soon after the front desk staff was very rude.

I ended up booking the property via an aggregator and when I turned up, everything was just very off.

1. Parking was listed as free on the aggregators portal but I was asked to pay right away

2. Breakfast was sad, cooked stuff from outside the hotel was served. The cheese omelettes were like rubber

3. They dont have their own kitchen

4. Rooms are old and shady, they need to invest in upgrades for sure

5. Front desk, gentleman by the name of Aashique was rude- question to myself, and to IHG, where is the hospitality?

Overall, a bad experience, very untrue for an IHG group property.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shekhz
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Regina Downtown, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2019

Hi Shekhz,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our Holiday Inn Express and Suites Regina Downtown. We aim to provide efficient and frictionless experiences. I'm sorry that your stay was not a complete success due to the issues encountered with the room allocated, breakfast and with the service provided by our staff. I also hear your dismay about the parking charge. Your feedback is very important to us. I would like the chance to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message to gather more details about what happened. I look forward to helping you further.

Many thanks,