“Onvernight for a concert”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Being a Delta Hotel perhaps my expectations were a little high.

The lobby is is fresh and up to date however the room not so much

Elevators were a rough ride and terribly slow to arrive !

Rooms are extremely small and in desperate need of upgrading carpets were stained and tile grout in bathroom looked on the black side. if you were travelling with more than two people the standard room would not work well at all

Parking is located off site ( on the next block ) and there is typically a charge for it I believe around 15.00 and a fair walk to the hotel from the parkade so if your carrying your luggage its quite the walk. because we signed up for the rewards program they comped the parking for us and as well comped us the buffet breakfast ( only with signing up to the rewards program )

The buffet breakfast was amazing and I would highly recommend the Omelette station

Room Tip: get a larger room if travelling with more than 2 as rooms are small
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Sandeep G, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Jenelle T

Thank you for being our guest and choosing our hotel.

It is our commitment to ensure that we always give our best and exceed our guest expectations but this time, I am sorry that our rooms did not meet your expectations. We are almost done with our first phase of renovation and the second phase will be done from December onwards. But i assure you that when you come to us next time, do let us know and we will ensure that you stay in our modern renovated rooms.

It is also great to know that you enjoyed your time in the restaurant and liked the quality of food.

We have this promotion going where when a guest becomes part of our Marriott family by enrolling to Rewards program, we show our gratitude and thankfulness by giving breakfast voucher or parking complimentary.

We all look forward to see you again with us.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as meetings were in the hotel. There are lots of renos going on so ask to park across the street instead of the lower parking where items are being stored. Excellent service at the front desk, bar and restaurant. Pool area is clean and well kept. Also had a person on duty while we were there. Very easy to walk from hotel to Casino Regina and the downtown mall

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Sandeep G, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Norma B

Thank you for your lovely review and it is always our pleasure to have you with us.

We are delighted to know that everything was as per your expectations and assure you our best always in future too.

See you again.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here due to the good location and Rider shuttle bus stopping just outside the front door on game day. Reservation was made 1 month prior. Room rate was not too bad for a hotel of this category BUT that's where the price euphoria ended. The hotel added 3 extra fees to the bill plus an additional exhorbinant fee for parking. The total fees added up to an additional 22% of the bill then GST and PST taxes were added on top of this!!! Buyer beware prior to making a reservation that the fees add up significantly to your bill. Now I'll move on to the hotel condition. Hotel parking was closely located however, it looked like a bomb had hit the basement parking. The concrete parking surface was badly deteriorated with concrete cracked and pieces scattered throughout. There was bedding inventory, mattresses, room furniture etc stored there. After check-in we were going to our room and only 1 of the 3 elevators were working and it took forever for an elevator to arrive. I complained to management about this and was told they would all be working the following day. The following day we waited on the 12th floor for an elevator and noticed that 2 of the three were working. This remained the case for our entire stay. Our room was adequate and beds comfortable and wifi with a strong signal. The carpet was heavily stained and worn out.TV channels were pathetically lacking including mainly news channels French language and a few sports channels. Very very few family or popular adult TV channels. Apparently renovations are in progress but these should have been started 5 years ago. We did not dine here as the Last Spike restaurant at Casino Regina across the street was quite good. In conclusion the pathetic additive nickel and diming of fees by the hotel and poor condition of infrastructure such as elevators and who knows what else plus the shabby condition of the room will not have us returning anytime soon. There are plenty of options for accommodation in the queen city that will offer good value for our money in acceptable surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Leonard W

It was a pleasure to have you with us as our guest and thank you for choosing our hotel. I would also like to be grateful to you for taking some time and giving us a detailed feedback on what met your expectation and in which area we could have done better to make you more satisfied.

I apologize for all the incnvenience caused and once this renovation is over in the next 10 days, our underground parking, evevator will be working as per normal and on top of all this we will have 100 newly renovated rooms.

I am also sorry for the different fee and tax structure and all these are as per the same guideline all hotels in down town follows.

We will also going for enhanced TV entertainment system by next year which will surely exceed your expectations in guest room entertainment.

I am sure that you will give us another chance and if possible, do be in touch with me and I will ensure our best on your future stay.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

STayed in the hotel again when i visited for work for 2 nights. It was a good start s the filipina receptionist were all so helpful. They were telling me about improvements going on, renovating and changing caroets. AS a frequent visitor, i got complimentary breakfast and so happy with it. My floor was not yet renovated, stained carpet but all i care is cleanliness. If you dont want to dine in the restaurant for breakfast, they offer to go starbucks coffee and freshly baked goods.i
Like to stay here as you can go walk around and find food around , shopping is so close as well as the casino. Looking forward to visiting again and see the new improvements.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear jo_dcriz

Thank you for being our guest and we are always honored to have you with us.

We as a team are so happy that we always meet your expectations and assure you our best always.

See you again.

Regards'

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff - I was speaking at a conference during the time "check out" was. I asked whether there was a room I could store my luggage in and the front desk helped me by allowing me late check out and organizing updates to my booking/room keycard. Clean, bright rooms. Nice conference venue. There was some work being done to the hotel while I was there so I did hear some drills during the day but otherwise a quiet location. Quick trip to the airport. Would definitely stay there again if I was back in Regina.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sandeep G, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear cpdermvet

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you for the oppurtunity to serve you.

As a team it is a great achivement when our guest appraise us for our service. I apologize for the inconvenience due to noise and thank you for your cooperation and support during this time of renovation so that we can give enhanced and superior product to our guest.

Look forward to see you with us again.