Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 11/12/21
Hotels.comUS$65
Official HotelUS$73
Trip.comUS$92
All reviews close to the airport regina airport great stay restaurants and shopping definitely stay here again front desk staff amenities elevator bedding tub highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2021 via mobile

Where to begin?

Firstly, you can check my profile. It takes a *lot* for me to give a negative review. Normally, a clean room and secure premises will suffice. But this place has completely lost it's way in terms of "service".

I get that a hotel can be fully booked and having a portion of the rooms turn over on a given day can present a challenge. I even get that Rider game days present another challenge. But you *cannot* explain to me why you would have every one of the days check ins que up at 4pm to get into their rooms, especially when you only have 2 desk staff, 1 of which was clearly a trainee and completely useless to the process. I've never seen a hotel that sells itself as an "airport hotel" do anything as assinine.

We showed up at 3pm, the check in time given by Expedia/Hotels.com We were rudely pointed to a sign reading 4pm check in, 11am check out. This made no sense. Obviously there were rooms ready at 3. Whatever, we left and came back at almost 4. 7th in line and it took almost an hour to get into our room. When we came back down to head to the game, there was a lineup out the door still. Unacceptable.

The brutal ammenities:

1 key card only. Told us people had not yet returned key cards. What hotel doesn't have a crate of these things in stock?

Hallways and elevator were filthy.

The pool looked like a Saskatchewan lake in late August.

Toilet in room wouldn't stop running. Indifference from management.

No shower curtain in bathroom. How does housekeeping not notice this?

This is not our first time staying here, but it will be our last.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel altogether
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Itravelutour
bianca dutton, General Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Regina Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

Thank you ltravelutour for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Home Inn & Suites Airport West. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your room and the hallways upon your arrival and through out your stay. Housekeeping did work late this day trying to get everything ready for Rider fans for the first game back this season. This is not the standard/service we like to provide for our guests. I have used your feedback to chat with my team and we will work hard to do better going forward. We would like to have the chance to welcome you "Home" again.

Reviewed 8 August 2021

We have used this hotel many times before and keep coming back because it is usually a pretty good stay. This time was our first since covid and there is a noticeable decline. There were 6 guests waiting to check in and only 1 person at the desk so it took us 35 min to check in. Room was clean and maintained. Hallway needing to be vaccumed and garbage bins/laundry put away. It was 5:30 pm when we checked in. Cleaning should have been done by then. Breakfast was not good. Some changes were covid related but lack of gf options was a change they made so my husband couldn’t eat anything of substance. Just an overall decline that we noticed. We likely won’t be back

Room tip: Choose an upper floor away from the elevators if possible
1  Thank stacya513

Thank you stacya513 for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Home Inn & Suites Regina Airport West. We do take all complaints seriously and we do discuss with all our team members so we can learn from this and aim to do better in any situation going forward. We will continue to work hard and hope to exceed your expectations next time you are back in Regina.

Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Not great.

Room had a smell, like someone spilled booze and it seeped into the floor. Luckily it was not too strong. Room was well worn; wall had marks, sofa was rubbing away.

Pool was nice, appreciate the rubber floor which makes it significantly quieter. There was some algae or something starting to turn green on some parts of the rubber though.

Worst part was 1) there was no bedding in the room for the pull out sofa bed, and 2) I had to wait for over 10 minutes to talk to the front desk to try and get some bedding. This is crazy; no one should have to wait that long to talk to the front desk.

This hotel needs more staffing and more maintenance to get it back into shape.

1  Thank OdysseyFolks

Thank you OdysseyFolks for taking the time to review your stay at the Home Inn & Suites Regina Airport West. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your room at check in. I will definitely have a chat with my housekeeping team about the policy and procedures as this is not the standard we like to to provide to our guests. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back "Home" again.

Reviewed 30 July 2021

Second time staying at this hotel. First time no complaints. But it has since gone downhill. Very dirty everywhere. I was shocked at how unclean our room was. The room had patches all over the walls. Old fries under the bed. Food and garbage behind and under the desk. Will not stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed here a couple of years ago and had a great time. That played a part in staying here again. We were a bit disappointed. Everything was great except for the cleanliness of the room. Beds were clean. The washroom was ok. I checked the shampoo and it was empty. The bottle actually fell out and the bottom holder was dirty. The refrigerator was also dirty. There was a sticky brown substance. We asked staff to clean and they never came. Didn't bother asking again as the front desk looked swamped. The fridge was a little loud at night. The A/C unit sounded like a dryer. A little loid. All in all it was an ok experience. I would like to stay that the staff was accommodating and let us check out an hour later.

Room tip: The area has lots of good restaurants to eat at.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
bianca dutton, General Manager at Home Inn & Suites - Regina Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2021

Thank you jashik72 for taking the time to review your stay at the Home Inn & Suites Regina Airport West. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of your room at check in. I will definitely have a chat with my housekeeping team about the policy and procedures as this is not the standard we like to to provide to our guests. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back "Home" again.