See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2016

My parents stopped here and were very impressed with everyone from the waitress to the proprietors. The food was amazing and all in all was exceptional value for money.
The location is wonderful, just a few feet away from the beach.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2016

Very good room I stayed in could do with maybe couple more plug sockets as there was only 4 that I found 1 for tv then telephone and wi needed plugged in so the only spare one was in the wardrobe if you wanted to use hair dryer you have to unplug something there was a lamp on the dressing unit but to use it you again would have to unplug something and you can't unplug the phone or wi fi box
No soap shower gels or shampoo in room
The hotel staff very helpful
Breakfast very good
Shame that there is no evening meals due to chef working at pub in Gosforth would
Be nice to have a evening meal in hotel even if not lot of meal choice as by the time you
Go get takeaway bring it back it's not very warm

Bar staff shut the bar far too early Sunday she shut up before 21.30 so when some guests came back to find bar shut very disapoined bar should be open till 23.00 each and someone around in case a guest needs anything night just because it's weekend and maybe a bit quite things need to stay open to attract people if bar was open bit later some people would maybe sit in bar for few drinks and a few outsiders may call for a drink two outsiders did call in had a drink bar maid started locking up and told the outsiders to shut the door when they leave they would have loved another drink but bar staff had locked up should not be allowed to lock bar until 23.00 while you have guests staying.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Come across this hotel by chance 1 year ago
And still there now
It's a very friendly family run business
The food and service is only matched matched by the sister hotel The Kell bank also worth a visit
The prices are far too low for you you get

The hotel has a wonderful and unobstructed sea view to the west

The chef and all the Resturant bar staff as well as the house keepers and administration staff are brilliant and so friendly

The atmosphere is happy and cheerful.

The manager Richard is a dynamic and excellent host full of good interactive ideas for the patrons
Fishing and boat trips to dominoes and table football

A fabulous place and a good find

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2016

A friend and I spent two nights B&B on a golf break in the area. Hotel looks a bit sad from the outside but fine inside. The older front part of the hotel is a little dated but that is not really of any consequence. Our rooms were in the rear extension which I think is probably newer. We both had good size clean rooms with modern en suite, tea making facilities and comfortable double beds. The staff were all very friendly, the cereal selection and cooked breakfasts were fine and the young lady behind the bar was happy to prepare sandwiches and trimmings for us when we got back fairly late on our second night. The home made ice cream parlour was a novel feature and would be great for anyone with young kids. All in all the hotel is an ideal base for golfers visiting this area and Seascale links is literally just around the corner and is a brilliant course.£75 for B&B is a little more than we would normally pay but is probably a fair rate in an area where there is limited availability.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Could not fault the staff, very friendly and helpful. The hotel reception was disappointing, basically a corridor from the bar to the rooms, tatty looking. I would say the hotel is in need of some decorating and new carpets. In the bar a couple of chairs turned over, so I assumed they were broken and couldn't be sat on, why not remove them? The dining room was like my school canteen, not very inviting. Fresh fruit at breakfast looked as though it had seen better days. I didn't have any cooked breakfast, so cannot comment. They did purchase a carton of soya milk for me, which I really appreciated. Evening meals were ok, portion sizes good. The hotel does have wifi, but it is hit and miss in the bar and dining areas. My room was very small (room 21), could only just walk around the bed. Room very hot, so opened windows, but very noisy due to the air-conditioning units being under the window. My view was the back of a shed, hence why I don't know if any of the rooms had a view. Hair dryer, iron and ironing board provided. Tea and coffee making facilities, though it was hard to fill the kettle as it didn't fit in the sink, had to fill the cup with water and then pour into the kettle! The bathroom was small. I carry a bit of weight, but I'm not overweight. I could just get into the shower. It would have been better if the sink was a corner sink. How embarrassing that conversation would have been "please can I move rooms as I can't fit into the shower"!!! The room was clean, no dust but the carpet was old and grubby. I stayed for 4 days and probably had one of the smallest and most unattractive rooms without any view in the hotel. My room certainly didn't match those as advertised on the website. I noticed a pile up of bags of laundry, started off with 4 on the Monday, by the Friday a fair few, smelt quite sweaty by the end of week, which you had to pass from the ground floor rooms to the dining room, bar and reception. For what you got it was expensive at £75 per night.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business