“Staff helpful and attentive. Food awful.”
Review of Mezze at the Warwick Arms - CLOSED

Mezze at the Warwick Arms
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving good quality Pub food. Large Car Park, Large Childrens Play Area. Eight beautiful letting rooms. Very friendly.
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Mixed feelings about our visit, the staff were mostly helpful and attentive which was to be The Warwick Arms only saving grace . Having said that one male, senior member of staff seemed to be taking a break sitting at the bar with a pint and staring at the female patrons!!!!!!
The Cajun Chicken with Mayonnaise Salad came with no mayonnaise, soon to be rectified by a lovely young male waiter who told us "the chef didn't put it on because people don't like it" mmm very strange. Anyway, the dried out lumps of cajun chicken, about 5 in all, sat sadly upon a bowlful of "salad" consisting mostly of sliced peppers, a bread roll, with no butter, again, rectified by the waiter. Very disappointing considering the cost of £10.95.
We decided not to go for the dessert as they were all pre-made, bought in. Instead I ordered a hot chocolate. Oh dear!!, it was watery, very very strong and extremely over sweet and served in a coffee cup. I couldn't drink it . The very nice lady waitress took the cost off our bill.
And, this is unbelievably wrong, wrong, wrong......fish dishes are never Vegetarian. Several fish dishes on our menu were marked with the "V" for vegetarian. I've noticed today that the downloadable menu shows a Tuna melt as "V", How can a chain of restaurants get this so wrong. I'm not a veggie but I have friends who are and would be extremely upset by this. I'm sure this will now be rectified???
I know that your response will be to complain at the time but for several reasons we didn't have the time or inclination to do so.
What a shame, nice pub, in convenient location and great staff spoiled by awful food.

1  Thank Citybreaker0615

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

It's a pub and hotel so the customers were a mix of locals and business travellers on a weekday evening
The menu is simple pub food , not especially ambitious , also not making the mistake of having too much choice and doing nothing well.
Sausages and Mash for Mrs M, pie and chips for me. A nice craft ale on the bar too. Good well cooked and presented food, nice friendly staff and locals, all for under £30 too.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We stayed here for a quick weekend break, arriving on the Friday and checking out on the Sunday. I have a mixed review here, as the staff were mostly very attentive, however, I feel that place itself has a lot of work to do to bring it up to standard.
We had a lovely room but it was just so very very hot and stuffy! We struggled to sleep on the first night as the window didn't open fully. That said, I asked for an extra pillow and a fan, and they were put in our room for the next evening.
The room was clean and modern, the shower tray could have done with being emptied as it wasn't draining away very quickly.
The food was disappointing - we only ate here on the Friday because of this.
Outside there is a large seating area, but some of the wicker style chairs were past their best.
The Sunday arrived and it was almost as if they had forgotten we were going to breakfast, as all the cereals had been packed away (we had been asked the evening before what time we wanted breakfast). The lady that served us asked us what we wanted - full English or Scrambled Eggs on toast. I opted for the eggs on toast which came out with 4 corners of ciabatta!. My husband asked for the full English which was different again to the one we had on the Saturday, with one sausage and one rasher of bacon - it was almost like they needed to do a food shop!
The juices were on a table with cleaning products, so we felt like we had to rush our breakfast - and on a separate note, I saw that the lady serving breakfast was cleaning wooden tables with Mr Sheen Glass cleaner - odd.
All in all a mixed stay - some parts good, lacking in other areas. Good location if you are heading out and about.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Warwick Arms, the garden play area was great for our 2 and 6 year old, they loved the huge trampoline! We had a lovely meal on the Saturday evening and a great breakfast on the Sunday. Family friendly hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

After visiting here many times for the delicious spaghetti bolognese (although pricey at almost £10), we were hugely disappointed that the portion size has decreased it seems by almost half but price remains the same!!!
Now not a satisfying meal, I will not be visiting again as value for money now is very poor.
Very disappointed as used to come here often.