All reviews master of ceremonies wedding venue wedding reception from start to finish wedding breakfast food was amazing function room family and friends mr mrs attention to detail first class many thanks perfect wedding day held our wedding bridal suite feel special lovely grounds
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We attended a wedding at Briars Hall. On arrival we checked in and the bedrooms were reasonably priced however they were dated and needed updating. Furniture etc and bedding just all a little tired. However the wedding rooms were excellent and I was so surprised at the food during the wedding breakfast it was excellent which you often don't get at a wedding when large numbers are catered for. There was also ample food but all of good quality. nyone looking for a wedding venue I would recommend only thing that stopped me rating 5* was the hotel room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Hi, thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the wedding you attended in December. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our food for weddings and mass catering. As for the bedroom being tired, I can only think that you were allocated one of the three bedrooms that were not refurbished last year. Of the 24 bedrooms we have 21 were refurbished and look quite modern. We do get a lot of compliments about these rooms. So I apologize about that.
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed here last night for new years eve celebrations. In a word fantastic. Hotel a lovely country house, staff, service, food, accommodation spot on. The new years eve the best I have ever spent. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and although place was busy food was superb. Food in bar and drinks reasonably priced. Breakfast this morning was freshly cooked to order. A great stay

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank happytraveller028
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Hi happytraveller, Thank you for your great comments regarding your New Years Eve celebration. It is great when we get positive feedback about our special nights we put on. All the staff put in a huge effort to try to ensure our guests enjoy their Briars Hall experience and it looks like we succeeded.
Thanks again and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I booked Briars Hall for New Year not knowing what to expect. We have been away for New year twice before, but this was our first time at Briars Hall and we definately were not disappointed. The rooms were lovely and clean + comfortable and had everything that you might need. We had a great time in the evening, the food and Entertainment where Fantastic and if you asked the Staff for anything nothing was too much trouble.
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank everyone at Briars Hall for making our stay one to remember.
Trudy + Dennis Mansell + friends

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Hi, Thank you for your amazing comments regarding your stay with us on New Years eve. It is good to know that you and the rest of your party really enjoyed your Briars Hall experience. I have printed your comments off and placed them on the staff notice board for all to see. The staff get a real buzz about seeing their hard work pay off with great feedback, so thank you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Briars Hall in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Well what can we say..??? Apart from a big thank you! We had our wedding at Briars Hall on Tuesday 27th Dec 11 and it was perfect! Nothing was too much trouble from the first time we met Mark to set a date, then all the help from Paul, Karen inbetween, and then Billy and Kev on the day! Everyone enjoyed the day from the food to the rooms! As one guest said ' if this place cant please you then your not worth pleasing!!' We think that says it all! Thanks again Briars Hall for such a wonderful day!
Anthony and Diane White.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your amazing comments regarding your wedding with us in December. May I say that your hard work in planning your special day made it very easy for us to deliver your perfect day. I love that quote from one of your guests, I have already used it in two training sessions with my staff!!!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2011

We had our darts team night out at Briars Hall, Sat 10th Dec 2011. It was our first visit here as a group, having done similar "party nights" at other venues in north west in the past.

Have to say, we were all pleasantly surprised with the standard offered at this venue. As said previously, the food was of a fantastic standard, served promptly, without huge gaps between courses, and most importantly HOT. And the service from staff excellent.

The bar prices were very sensible (Dont change them !!) for a party venue, we were certainly expecting them to be more expensive than they were.

The entertainment was very good, getting invlolved with audience straight away, and had people dancing straight away!

All 20+ in our party also stayed the night, and the rooms were of excellent standard, clean and presentable, and the breakfast following morning was excellent, and plenty of it !

Thanks for a fantastic night, and Paul please pass on our thanks to your wonderful team for such a night.