“Good experience.....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Briars Hall Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Lathom B&B and Inns
“Good experience.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Rooms are quite comfortable, what attracted me to it (and as you will see from most of my reviews to generally all hotels) was the free parking and wifi. Wifi was good, decent speed and not subjected to any silly tricks like reduced bandwidth or limited time.

Parking was plentiful

Restaurant was sluggish, left waiting for ages to be served. Perhaps a one off but given I will be returning frequently I will probably eat out next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Paul_Dunbavin, General Manager at Briars Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for spending the time to post a comment on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that you didn't receive the correct service in the dining area during your stay. I would like to investigate this matter, but to do that I would really like to know when you stayed? As you can see from our other comments on TripAdvisor we do not usually have a problem with slow service. I'd like to thank you for bringing this to my attention and can assure you that it will not happen again.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

myself and my boyfriend recently booked a valentines package to stay here as it seemed cheap and all inclusive. we were even upgraded to the executive suite (just for asking). I kept thinking something was bound to go wrong because everything ran so smoothly and it was such value for money. but everything was great. champagne waiting in the room, meal pre-booked. Staff are very helpful and make everyone feel so welcome and important. There is no snobbery that I usually find as a young couple.

There is something very peaceful about Briars Hall, and I would most certainly recommend here for a nice relaxing break.

Room Tip: always worth asking if the executive suite is free
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carly m
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay with us at Briars Hall. I like to say 'GOOD VALUE' rather than cheap!! I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening and that you felt important, that's the feeling we want all our guests to have.
Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Upholland, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Myself and my partner of 8 years recently had our wedding at Briars Hall Hotel and needless to say they completely surpassed our expectations. We booked in January 2011 for Jan 2012, needless to say we visited many times and every time the staff knew our names, knew the key details and were more than happy to make us comfortable, get us drinks while we discussed our plans and from the very start of planning the service has been top notch. Building up to the wedding, the wedding planner Karen helped us organize the big day and was very understanding on any last minute changes we had, as well as how to create the day we wanted. We added and changed all sorts via email, text, visits and phone calls. Karen was so wonderful and always on hand. On the day our toastmaster (Billy) was always there, as well as making sure ourselves and the guests were looked after, he informed and co-ordinated the photographer, camera crew, dj and outdoor entertainment. Like any wedding day, problems can arise but Billy took great care of any problems. The food was first class, with all our guests fit to burst by the end, and ready to retire to the excellent rooms. One thing that surprised us was how amazing and brilliant the house dj (Steve) was. He went above and beyond by balloon modelling for the children and played the perfect songs which got everyone to the dance floor - even Gran. He never dwindled and his energy was contagious, I would recommend him to everyone and he really is worth the money.
Finally, the serving staff for the main meal and buffet were so polite and couldnt help more. They provided a sliver service to all the tables and ensured everyone had hefty portions of meat and veg. They also went round a second time with veg and gravy to ensure everyone had enough. With that in mind all the food provided was Delicious, the meats melted in your mouth, the potatoes were splendid and fluffy and the pudding was perfect. I really cant sing there praises enough. They have made our wedding day special and a day to remember as perfect for ever. Nothing was to much of a problem, we changed our first dance song while eating our starters and they were constructive and happy to ring the dj who found the new song and all was well. When we retired for the night, waiting in the room was a lovely chilled bottle and two plates full of buffet, by this time we were hungry again and enjoyed the bubbly in the Jacuzzi tub before the best hotel nights sleep iv ever had. Id recommend room 225. Because we had so much stuff in the morning to move we requested a later check out time and the staff on the desk were amazing and so helpful. We didnt check out until 11.30am due to having to do a few car trips of presents and decorations.
The next day we all enjoyed a wonderful full English, and our toastmaster Billy was even there early to wave us off. 10 out of 10.

All night and over breakfast the conversations were on how amazing the service was, the attention to every detail, the luxury rooms, the amazing food and the dj. Perfect!

Room Tip: All the double rooms are identical but we had the bridal suit which was fantastic (225). Also, the...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank EmmaJayneHayden
Thank you for your amazing comments posted on TripAdvisor regarding your wedding with us last month. I am pleased that we surpassed your expectations for your special day. I have printed your comments and put them on the staff notice board. Billy was on cloud nine reading them.... We have extremely high standards and all the staff take great pride in delivering those standards to all our guests. Thanks again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Briars Hall in the near future.
Rainford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We spent months searching for the perfect wedding venue and had given up hope of ever finding it - we wanted somewhere a bit different, stylish, classy and romantic, but the venues we went to see before Briars Hall were missing that special something. We'd decided we'd have a registry office do and go for a meal in the nearest pub afterwards and had given up entirely on the idea of a lovely wedding... Until my other half found Briars Hall online and arranged a viewing.

When we rolled up to the hotel for the viewing on a hot summer's day in July, we fell in love wholeheartedly. Inside, we were not disappointed. We loved the beautiful furniture, clean lines and romantic touches inside Briars Hall hotel.

Paul took us on a tour of the hotel and spent a couple of hours talking us through what they could offer. Our decision was made before we'd left the car park - Briars Hall was the perfect choice for a romantic and luxurious winter wedding.

Our recent wedding was the most perfect day, one that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. Karen was a wonderful co-ordinator and worked tirelessly to make our day so special. Kevin was our MC and I have never met someone so genuinely lovely, good-humoured and always at hand to ensure the day ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about a thing. The food was absolutely gorgeous - my family and I had dinner in the Bistro the night before and thought we'd died and gone to heaven, and the food served on the wedding day was absolutely divine, with a fantastic variety of dishes enjoyed by all guests. I put my diet on hold to enjoy a stack of American-style pancakes with maple syrup on the morning after the wedding - delicious!

All of our relatives have told us how they thoroughly enjoyed the day, being treated like royalty by the attentive staff and, of course, the food - we've never eaten so well in our lives.

We couldn't recommend Briars Hall highly enough.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jen A
Rainford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Having just got married at Briars Hall this weekend I have to say that the venue, the food and the staff made our day perfect in every way. Nothing was too much trouble. We can't recommend them highly enough. It's a lovely country house that's warm, friendly and relaxed. Many of our guests stayed the night and everyone, young & old, has nothing but praise for every aspect of their stay.
Go there and be well looked after.
We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Room 225 which is the Bridal Suite is a beautiful room, large and light with a great bath
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank CAbrams77
Thank you for your great comments on TripAdvisor regarding your wedding with us last month. As you know we do a lot of weddings here, but one of the many things we have got right is that we treat every wedding as though it is the only wedding we have all year. I think reading your comments that is how you and all your guests felt on the day.
Thank you for your recommendations, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathom
7.5 km away
Astley Bank Hotel
#1 of 4 in Darwen
8.6 km away
Holland Hall Country House Hotel

Been to Briars Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!