“Nice restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I envy the French. In every town they have art least one restaurant, where you can get a good diner for a decent price. This restaurant in Cormeilles is a perfect example. It is a pleasure to read their menus and to eat their dishes.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Our starters and main courses were very good but our cheese course was unripe and lacked the wonderful intensity for which Norman cheeses are famed. The desserts were terrible, the glace souffle was rock solid and the Norman dessert comprised overly sweet cream sandwiched between what should have been crispy biscuits but were in fact leathery tough, tasteless and almost inedible and with the single spoon utensil initially offered would be COMPLETELY inedible. On balance this was all rather disappointing.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We were staying locally and decided as this had good trip advisor reviews we'd try it. What a great choice! A wonderful meal....great buzzing atmosphere most professional waitress, who calmly serves everyone though she was very busy.
The food is well presented my soup was the hottest temperature I have ever had out and delicious flavour too, with all the trimmings for every course served well, there's attention to detail to make the meal feel special. It was great value for money too!
We highly recommend and feel sure you won't be disappointed-good idea to book and get there at 7.30pm as they open as its so relaxed you are there for a good while, no hurrying here as in many English places!! Fantastic evening end to our holiday!

Reviewed 9 May 2016

We recently purchased a holiday home near to Cormeilles and are slowly exploring the area when we are around. We had family over for this trip and wanted to take them out. We hadn't appreciated the May Day celebrations and hadn't booked anywhere. In any case we asked if there was a table free for 7 people at the Auberge and were delighted to here there was. We had drinks in the lobby whilst we waited and were then shown to our table in a nicely presented dining room by our English speaking waiter (tall with a pony tail - very efficient too). I know that my fellow diners all loved their food but I can only comment on mine. The starter of escargot was nicely presented sans shells in a creamy sauce covered in Camembert and baked. Fantastic. Even better to come. The Filet De Boeuf Sauce Poivre Vert was possibly the best steak I have ever had. No steak knife required for this baby. I was too full for a pudding which is why I have awarded 4 stars for this review and not 5. I need to have room to be further impressed when I return. Very well done. We all had a great time. BTW - the wine was fantastic too.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We had booked into the hotel on a demi pension basis so the restaurant was part of the package deal. The basic dinner menu would have been fine, but as it was our last day in France, we upgraded to the Menu Normande. I had a duo of Foie Gras with fig bread, Veau et champignons, Fromage chaud, and pommes flambees and there was a small chestnut soup and and apple sorbet between courses. All beautifully cooked and presented. My wife had brochette de langoustines to start and Magret aux sauce cerise as her main course and was similarly delighted with her choice. Service was efficient although not silky smooth as in some high class establishments. In fact it suited the general ambience of the hotel/restaurant which was of a family run, French provincial hotel that was centred in the community and which cared about its food. Maybe slightly expensive but with a favourable exchange rate was excellent value compared with a British equivalent.