“Family lunch”
Review of The Cracking Crab

The Cracking Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cracking Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Polzeath
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a lovely lunch with family and friends, stunning views and cosy on a cold winter's day. Food excellent, delicious crab wrap, good wine and very obliging staff..

Luke C, Manager at The Cracking Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! So pleased you had a lovely time!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Walked to this fab place .welcome was great and we sat in the window .Ordered food which was superb and the views just helped a perfect meal with family .
I had the crab baguette which was fab .wine was good value .Great place to watch the surfers bobbing about .Will certainly revisited next time in Polzeath.

Luke C, Manager at The Cracking Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit! So pleased you found us!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My friend & I came here on a drizzling August afternoon with a little baby hoping to get a nice coffee & decided to traipse over to the Cracking Crab, wish we hadn't.

We arrived around 4pm & there were still people in there. There was a waitress & she said hello & that was it! She went off frantically rearranging tables & basically ignoring us & leaving us to stand there looking like lemons. Even the people at the far end didn't even make eye contact or say anything.

We then saw the sign that was pointing the other way saying closed from 4pm & I don't understand why the waitress didn't tell us.

I also work in this industry actually not very far away from you & I know very well how busy it gets but I would never leave anyone standing there like we were, making them feel so bloody awkward.

I know this is a late review but we haven't forgotten how we were made to feel.

We left as fast as we could as we felt embarrassed. We won't be back.

Luke C, Manager at The Cracking Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time and felt in any way unwelcome.

I apologise that the situation wasn't made clear to you. However, the sign that's put up at 4pm actually says that the restaurant is "closed inside", which we do in order to prepare for the evening service. During this time the Cracking Crab remains open on the outside decking including the bar and take away.

This may have been the reason that you felt as though you were being ignored, but for what it's worth I don't think that was the intention of our waitress, so I can only apologise for any confusion or misunderstanding. Our staff are a kind and welcoming team of people, which is a source of pride in our customer service.

I hope that clarifies things a little, and that we might see you again at some point to provide a better experience.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We were staying up the road in Polzeath and so pleased we went. If you like seafood it's definitely worth going. They also have their own Ales which are delicious and worth trying.
Good, friendly service and very helpful. We all had seafood starters and mains and they were fantastic. The only slight disappointment was the deserts but we had the sundaes, too much cream for me and not enough ice cream but others may well disagree.
Definitely recommend and would love to go back. Great food over looking the beach, a fantastic location.

Luke C, Guest Relations Manager at The Cracking Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! We hope to see you again in the spring!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Enjoyed dinner here, we all had fish dishes, crab very good. Staff friendly. Cafe like surroundings, It can be very loud here, with Lots of children. Food a little expensive.

Luke C, Guest Relations Manager at The Cracking Crab, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us - we're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the food - particularly the crab and our team will be pleased to know that their hard work has been appreciated!

Thank you!