All reviewsmundy armsthe pubconverted stablescar parkpub next dooralton towersbooked earlyaway from the roadquiet locationroad noisewould stay againnext morningplenty of parkingminute drivea great nights sleepcomfortable roomsgood size
Reviewed 20 May 2018

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 7 May 2018

A very pleasant two night stay. The rooms were comfortable and clean. A hearty, freshly cooked breakfast was served at The Mundy Arms, which is very recently under new management. Our main meals there, were of good value and quality.
Semi rural location about a mile from the outskirts of Derby - in fact there were cows grazing in the field adjacent to the car park!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This is quite different to any other Premier Inn that I have stayed in. Each room is like a small cottage. In my opinion the rooms could be modernised. Every other Premier Inn I have stayed in had a new room feel to it. This one did not. The TV reception was quite poor and I am certain we heard noises coming from the loft above the room. By far the worst part about our stay was the breakfast. To begin with they had no sausages. The continental breakfast bar was not very well stocked up. And the service most days left a lot to be desired. I'd heard good reviews about the Mundy Arms but after this experience, I won't be going back there again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Premier inn Team at Premier Inn Derby North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hi Jason,

Thank you for staying with Premier Inn and for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am very sorry to hear that you found the rooms to be old-fashioned and that the breakfast was not up to the usual high quality you would expect from Premier Inn. I will be passing this feedback on to the Hotel Manager so they can look into making improvements going forward. The pub/restaurant is actually owned and operated by Greene King, so please direct any feedback regarding the service or staff towards them and I am sure they would be happy to help.

I hope that this one-ff experience hasn't put you off staying with Premier Inn again in the future and we get to welcome you back again very soon.

Kieren

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stay here often whilst visiting my son in Derby. We like the chalet type rooms.
If you stay in rooms near the road it's very noisy with traffic, but if you stay in rooms further away from the road, you struggle to get wifi.
The breakfast at the mundy arms as slowly got worse and this visit was appalling.
We went for breakfast at 10am and there were no clean bowls for cereal, cups for hot drinks or glasses for orange juice. In fact everything we wanted, we had to ask for. Nothing had been replenished. Coffee, orange juice, bread ?? We spent most of the time on our feet asking for things. There were 3 staff on and only us with another table eating. So no excuse for slack service. The cooked breakfast was a bit sparse as if they'd made a little food stretch a long way.
I don't think we ll stay here again as you get a better breakfast and service at the pride park premier inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road because of traffic noise but sacrifice your wifi
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our elderly parents stayed for three nights while visiting family in Ashbourne.
They enjoyed their stay. Found staff very friendly & helpful.
During theirstay they celebrated their 67th Wedding Anniversary and were very surprised to find their room had been decorated by the staff while they were out.
It really made them smile. Well done.

Room Tip: Room was furthest from road
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family