See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Great room, great food, nice atmosphere. everything so clean. Many amenities in bathroom, spacious and light rooms. A lot of choice with breakfast even fresh pressed orange juice! The dinner was also very good!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas H, Inhaber at Schloss Hotel Holzrichter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your great rating. We are very pleased, that you enjoyed your time with us that much.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This Restaurant is wonderful. Its cozy and beautiful. The service is competent and friendly. The menu has a lot of wild, but for even someone like me who doesn't like strong flavours, it was amazing.
The only downfall, as a tourist, take cash. As of 200€ they do not accept credit cards.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Thomas H, Geschäftsführer at Schloss Hotel Holzrichter, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you for your great rating. We are glad to hear, that you enjoyed our restaurant, our food and our service. All of our wild-meals is from own hunting, which definitly is an important factor for its mild taste.
The rule regarding the credit card is actually only in our restaurant, in our hotel you can of course also pay higher sums by credit card.
But there is always the possibility to get an invoice and transfer the money.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I was there two times for dinner. The menu is quite good with wide scale of foods.
Around 60€ you can have 4 course menu with one beer.....
Waiters are ok, the impression of the location of the restaurant is very nice!

I tried "beef tea" as a soup for start. Looks good BUT very Salty!!!
Second dish was steak with prawns and potato.....again Salty!!!!!!!!

After one week we also went there, that time I thought okay lets try one more time.
Choosed the 4 dish menu
1st dish : Fish + Salad - acceptable
2nd dish : Asparagus soup - SALTY !!!!!!!!
3rd dish: Meat with risotto and salad - very SALTY!!
4th dish: Something sweet - was good (thanx for god finally sweet not salty!)

The interesting thing that I am Hungarian I like aromatic / spicy foods, even usually i use salt to add more than in the food!!!
Together with us there was an Chinese guy and order Coconut soup, yes! that was SALTY too!!!!

Come on we also would have like to dring beer but not because of the salty food!

I think two time was enough for me to say not recommended! Interesting but this is the first restaurant what I not recommend!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Thomas H, Inhaber at Schloss Hotel Holzrichter, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Guest,
thank you for your comment. Fortunately the other 60 guests we serve every evening enjoy our food. Interesting we have a lot of regulars, some of them visit us once or twice a week, I guess they must like salt then, don't they?

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Good news: I had some good food there for a reasonable price. The room was nice. But the people are really crazy, they wear Bavarion fashion, leather pents and so on. I am not sure it was Carneval, but, no, they are chased by the hotel director to run around like puppets in the muppet show. They didn't feel well at all. The owner family seems a sort of dictator crew in a region where working places are rare.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

A little bit difficult to find - seems to fox GPS systems - but what a very nice surprise when you arrive. Beautiful location up in the hills overlooking lush farm land. Rooms are spacious and modern with very nice bathrooms. Staff - whether in the hotel or the restaurant went out of their way to be helpful and are multi-lingual. The evening meal was very good quality, interesting menu and excellent German wines - it deserves its popularity. Open until 21.30 too. Breakfast also very good. Beautiful pine wooden panelling throughout. Very attractive beer garden. Will become my regular stop on business trips to Germany.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Thomas H, Inhaber at Schloss Hotel Holzrichter, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Dear Tim,

thank you for your top review of our hotel. We are very pleased, that you enjoyed your stay that much. We will pass on your praise to our staff.
We are looking forward to your next time in our "Schloss Hotel"!