St. James's Club & Villas
The Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$132
Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$167
Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$108
South Point Antigua(English Harbour)
US$319
Hotels.com
US$557
US$357
Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
US$575
Orbitz.com
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
US$776
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
US$1,175
Jumby Bay
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
US$215
Hotels.com
US$317
US$307
3,661 results
All reviewswater sportspiccolo mondoatlantic siderainbow gardena la cartest jamesbeachfront roombeach frontper personall inclusive packageshirley heightsroyal suitetennis courtsnightly entertainmentcatamaran tripgreat resortburger
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Just returned from a 5-night trip to Antigua, staying in an oceanfront room at the St. James Club. Overall we had a very positive experience. The view of the Atlantic Ocean from our 2nd floor room was beautiful and the breeze from that side was just what you need on the hot, steamy days. The beach was not crowded at all, so finding a lounge chair with shade was not a problem. I saw previous reviews on the forum indicating that there was a lot of seaweed and jellyfish, along with mosquitoes, none of which we found. Only minor seaweed, but living in the Northeast and visiting the beaches in New Jersey, we are use to that. The pools and Caribbean side were slightly more crowded. The room itself was fine. Would have appreciated bottled water in the refrigerator and better towels, but they were only minor issues. We found the food and the service at all the restaurants to be very good. I would recommend paying the extra $35 to visit Piccolo Mondo - it was well worth it. I had the best grilled lobster. We did two excursions: Antigua Adventures (very good - nice job Nicki) and Pelican Jeep Tours (thumbs up to Almond, guide). Each of these were booked through the support staff in the hotel lobby, and they were very helpful in coordinating everything. If you are planning on visiting St. Johns for some shopping, I would suggest trying to hook up with some other guests to share a cab. The cab cost $50/round trip for two of us, and it would have been nice to share the costs since there was plenty of room in the vehicle. We only stayed about two hours and wasn't very impressed with the shopping options. The hotel facility was very quiet when we were there - off season - so don't expect a lot of exciting night life. Dinner, drinks and some light entertainment typically rounded out the evening. The hotel is also a distance from anything, so you have to either rent a car or take a taxi if you want to leave the property. We intended to rent a car but decided against when we saw the roads and the poorly marked street signs. Would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm. 318, 2nd floor beachfront. Very quiet. Easily accessible to hotel lobby, restaurants, beach bars, tennis courts, etc.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TerryNJ
Reviewed 11 July 2011

What a really beautiful hotel and place lovely views clean and great food.

Room Tip: The royal suites are lovely with great views
1  Thank cnpollin
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here June 22-26 and had a great time. We had the beachfront room with amazing oceanfront views that we rarely get in Cancun or Jamaica. We were literally steps from the beach. The resort had a relaxed vibe to it and they do not make you wear those colored bracelets to prove you are a guest.. It was the low season for them so the resort was not at full capacity. It's a nice resort with extensive grounds and very nice tennis courts. The two beaches were nice but as this resort is on the Atlantic side it was breezy and the water was not crystal blue. The other beach, Mamora Bay, was great for water sports but too hot to sit out and swim at. The water was very stale. There was also a nice boat dock that my husband fished on every night. The resort had two restaurants open for dinner with amazing food. The menu changed every night so there was lots of variety. The only downside was the breakfast buffet was the same every day and pretty limited. They do offer an omelet station and eggs Benedict if you order from the menu but the rest of the selection got old after 3 days. However, lunches were delicious and fresh. For a surcharge of $25 you can order the lobster which I highly recommend. We didn't get to dine at Picolo Mondo because it was closed for a wedding. It's a $35 pp surcharge but I heard well worth it. We also rented a car for one day and visited Turner beach and Tranquility bay in Jolly Harbor. We are so glad we did because the water was so amazing out there! Crystal blue, dreamlike carribean waters. We took the hotel shuttle ($14pp) to St John one day. I would not recommend it. There was mot much to see and it was kind of dumpy. I hope they revitalize St.John to ,ale it a nicer port stop. Overall. I would highly recommend this resort for couples and families. We got a great deal and the extensive grounds made it feel like you had access to "club" amenities and not only your room. The fishing pier, penninsula setting, free water sports, two beaches, great food and ocean front room were the best parts. The only drawback was that the water wasn't as crystal clear as other parts of the island. However I would definitely return. Great little vacation for us.

4  Thank apd8x
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My husband and I just returned from the St. James Club where we attended a destination wedding. The holiday was something out of a dream. We came to the island a week before the wedding so that we could have a little time in paradise for ourselves before the celebrations began and paradise it was! We stayed in a premium room which had a marvellous ocean view, and spent most waking hours at the beautiful Mamora beach. My husband was initially not too thrilled that there was a surcharge for the fine dining restaurant Piccolo Mondo, but once we ventured an evening there and he got a taste for the eggplant parmesan, he insisted that we go back! The happy couple were married in a beautiful beach ceremony that was one of the most moving I've ever seen. I'm hoping my husband and I will plan to renew our vows there one day soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BeachGalAtHeart
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I needed a little vacation, St. James Club was cheaper than Sandals in Antigua and very nice. Unfortunately there were piles of sea grass on "Coco Beach" which was the first area we saw after we checked in and began to explore. I know you can't fight Mother Nature, but three guys with rakes and garbage bags would work. It left a bad first impression along with the dead jellyfish. Piccolo Mundo resturant charged $35 per person. I found that insulting for an "all-inclusive" resort. The two others that were open had delicious food. I'm a big fan of buffets which was how breakfast and lunch was served. Dinner was off a menu. Nice stay, wonderful staff, but been there,done that.

3  Thank low-maintenance-57