Pedro's Restaurant, Bar & Hotel
TripAdvisor
The Samling Hotel(Windermere)
Hillthwaite(Windermere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstapas stylehigh standardlake districtopen the windowevening mealshort breakcar parkwarm welcomefeel very welcomebowness on windermerestayed for two nightscooked breakfastwhite cross baycouldn't faultfull english breakfastbreakfast was excellentlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The room was perhaps a little too "cosy" and lacked air conditioning but that is our only criticism. Beds comfy, rooms are modern yet tasteful, the showers powerful and the food is spot on - brilliant!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Benjamin W
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my family over the weekend. It is a busy place, slightly shambolic and I guess you get what you pay for. The staff are friendly and try to be helpful (especially the young lad but he seemed overwhelmed and under trained for all of the responsibility) but you can tell that the staff work within the perimeters of keeping everything as cheap as possible.
No hand soap in the en suite although I asked three times and was promised it, they could have got some from a local shop I'm sure? The 'bar' is just a serving area which doubles as the reception desk and is not somewhere you can sit and have a drink. All of the tables are really for the restaurant which seems popular in the evenings with holidaymakers.
The worst thing for us was that the bed was so uncomfortable- a big dip in the middle and lumps sticking through the mattress, for £110 per night it was unacceptable. The ensuite was tiny, and our actual room was on the small side too. Other members of our party had broken TVs that didn't work and broken shower brackets. Our remote didn't work for the Tv either.
Food was poor quality and small portions at breakfast, served on small triangle plates to keep the portions exact. Even though the menu states that you can ask for alternatives, when I asked for an omelette instead of a full English I was told that it wasn't possible. How hard is it for a chef to whisk a couple of eggs?
As I say it was peak season and you get what you pay for. The location is very good, but even so I couldn't bear to ever stay there again I'm afraid.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie T
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived just before 1pm, to be greeted by a young man who didn't say hello his opening line was check in isn't until 3pm! My reply being not a problem, if the room isn't ready we will come back at 3. He said I'll go and ask the manger , when he came back he said it's £15 if you check in now ! I said you must be joking ! What annoyed me here was the room is either ready or it's not! If it's ready why want to "Rip off' customers for another £15 when it wouldn't cost them anything to give you the keys!
When we went back after 3 we was greeted by the Manageress who is quite brusque in her approach, who showed us the room, however we warmed to her different approach when she served the breakfast, not quite what you would expect in the service industry , however I'm sure she probably runs a tight ship for the owners.
The room was modern clean and comfortable, and the breakfast excellent.
The hotel needs to become more customer friendly rather than making the paying guest feel to be a nuisance.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Had a family meal here, no reservations, but they moved tables for us. The food was delicious and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. The drinks and wine were good too. The mariachi band were a great laugh also1

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Our stay was very enjoyable. Andrew and kerry made our holiday even more special and made our stay very warm and welcoming. The hotel is fantastic, dogs are welcome and the food is amazing. Well worth the stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family