“Beautiful food in such a beautiful setting!”

La Taverna dei Corsari
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

It is worth coming here for the view alone - it's so picturesque! However, the food didn't disappoint either. The suppli were delicious, I wish we'd ordered more. The pizzas were great (despite ordering the wrong type it was still very tasty)! The wine was also really good and all very reasonably priced. If we ever came back to this area I would definitely go back, but I'd get a more traditional, classic pizza.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Great food in a small village at the countryside.
We had a fantastic evening with our kids..
What a view and polite service
Visit if you live nearby

Reviewed 11 July 2015

the tiny ridge is filled with small italian houses. On all sides breathtaking views. This restaurent has a great terrace. You must book in advance. No one is out for dinner before 1930. The prosecco was special , the pizzas the best I ever had. If you do several courses , share! Large portions. We had a wonderful starter with different dishes. Three course meal with wine and drinks for 25 euro a person.

1  Thank Judith V
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A very pleasant local restaurant and definitely good enough to warrant a trip from a neighbouring village. It can get busy though, so consider booking. Good value, friendly staff and i reccommend it. By the way the fragole tiramisu may be pushing the definition of tiramisu - no coffee or alcohol seemed to be involved - but it was delicious.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Went here for dinner with my girlfriend on a rather busy August Tuesday eve.
Had never been to the restaurant before, despite having lived in the area before moving back to live in the UK.
We started the evening off with a nice starter for two, which included a selection of wild dry cured hams and salami, such as deer and wild boar, accompanied by various cheeses, olives and other tasty bits! Went down a treat! :)
Then for the pizza! Well! It was truly divine! And being Italian I've had my fair share of pizza! But this was a bit different, a bit special! Which maybe not all foreign tourists would understand! Oh well!
Seen as I like potato pizzas, I went for the pizza called the "Patatosa" which translates as "The Potatoey", it came with just some mozzarella, then thinly sliced roast potatoes and prosciutto cotto, which is roasted ham. Was perfect! Crispy, light and tasty! Wow!
My girlfriend went for the "Paracula" as she liked the name of it, which translates as The "a*se ki*ser" an Italian term for sucking up to someone!
Anyway, her pizza consisted of mozzarella, gorgonzola, walnuts, honey and Lardo di Colonnata, which is a dry cured pig fat from Colonnata in Tuscany, very nice indeed! The pizza sounds heavy but was light and something that I'd never tasted before! She gave me a slice to taste!
I really do recommend this restaurant! It's in a nice cool place on a hill so plenty of fresh air in the evening during the summer and with a nice friendly atmosphere and service!
But book first as at can get very busy even in the week as Italians will go out any day of the week for dinner! Especially in the summer!