All reviews national trust tea and cake books and magazines double aspect tables set largest room famous gardens delightful place to stay breakfast room home made cakes perfect stay bed was very comfortable yogurt vita sackville west fraser sue kent
Reviewed 20 May 2018

On a recent solo trip to visit England's famous gardens, a two-night respite at the Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse was a welcome hit of luxury. Sue and her team are warm, professional, and filled with terrific local knowledge. The breakfast was the best I had on my 11-day trip...the berries, oh, the berries! My bed and views in the Hemsted room were both wonderful. The bathroom was tiny, with no place to store anything, but it got the job done. If you need the internet, be advised that it DOES NOT work in the rooms. I was forced to go to the staircase landing or the sitting room downstairs to logon, which meant I had to get dressed first. As I was in the middle of a business deal, this turned out to be a real pain. It should be acknowledged that yes, there is wifi, but it's extremely inconvenient to access if it's important to you.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kay J
Reviewed 22 December 2017

We took two rooms here, one with our two small children and another for my father in law. It was all perfect, gorgeous room and view, tea and cake at check-in in the lounge, brilliant breakfast, and such a great location. So grateful to Sue and Jill for helping accommodate us with a babysitter and put up with the many questions that an active three year old brings.. thank you again! I would definitely recommend Sissinghurst Castle Farmhouse. Don't hesitate, choose this gorgeous B&B! (Btw, I'm very embarrassed that we left it until now to review, thank you again for everything, it was all perfect and a special weekend)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Great place for first night in the UK for two weary travelers from the States. Greeted warmly by Sue (and Ruby, the sweet dog) upon arrival. Our room was comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic! Thank you for making our visit memorable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We made a very late booking as the place we were originally booked in to for our anniversary weekend was awful. Sue welcomed us and showed us to the Sissinghurst Room which is double aspect with a huge bed and plenty of places to sit. We slept very well as the bed is so comfortable and the room so quiet. Breakfast is superb with lots of choice and sourced locally. Sue’a husband Frazer kindly drove us to a local restaurant for dinner as no taxi was available. The house sits on the Sissinghurst Castle Gardens so there are plenty of places to walk which we did with resident Labrador Ruby who is a dream dog! The house is big and beautifully decorated wih superb views. Afternoon tea in the living room was especially welcome. What makes it all special though is Sue whose hospitality is first class. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Myself and friends stayed there on Friday night after visiting the famous Sissinghurst Castle Gardens. Charming bed and breakfasts always have the tiniest of charming details and this place had lots of those. I especially loved the amount of books and magazines there were to read about the romantic history of Sissinghurst and many books on the animals, plants and birds in the area. I'm especially grateful for Sue's helpfulness and graciousness in steering us to the right places to eat and getting around the area (we did not drive).
We had tea and cake in the reading room at 4:00 PM, and a very lovely breakfast with delicious homemade jams and baked breads. Attaching the most charming breakfast menu!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends