“Another excellent dinner ”

Hostellerie le Prieure Saint-Gery
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Beaumont
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

As usual I was impressed by Chef Gardinal. The menu "promenade" with pairing wine was excellent. The chef clearly like to work with fish and vegetable. I strongly recommend this restaurant. The best is to book a room and sleep there. They have attractive packages room/dinner. Difficult to drive after this food and the wine ...

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We were slightly put off by the incongruously chic interior and besuited waiters in this charming little building in the middle of nowhere, but we were completely silenced by the wonderful food. Though not great fans of pretentious restaurants and fussy food, and expecting simple but good cuisine, this chef's sophisticated combinations of flavours and textures won us over. It is all quite delicious and also lovely to look at. The wine list (I was told) is impressive. If the waiters are too numerous and rather stiff, nothing is too much trouble.

We did not see the bedrooms so cannot comment, but the washrooms (apparently unheated) are also somewhat over-the-top and equipped with super-modern shallow basins and complicated taps which splatter everywhere. More of a shower than a hand wash! Full marks for trying nevertheless..

I suspect that there is a very faithful clientele who take full advantage of the wine list and stay overnight. I would certainly do this next time - which I hope will not be too far in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

We went to Le prieure again, I say again because we go there every year. It started 13 years ago when I invited my future husband to that small 1 star restaurant, and we stayed there for the night. Food is delicious, refined, Mr Gardinal is a genius, especially when it comes to appetizers. Everything tastes right, and I would never miss the mignardies tray, where you can choose among homemade sorbet, cookies, mini cakes ..... A great grat place to go to !

Reviewed 6 December 2015

When you enter a 1* Michelin starred restaurant, the experience you get is always your starting point : amazing food with some surprises, excellent service and pairing wines which are mostly French but reasonable.
The suites for sleeping are big, a little big old fashion but good. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

We discovered this hotel + restaurant, located in a faraway corner of Belgium, by sheer luck. On the phone, they proposed a formula including dinner, room, and breakfast. We took it without really knowing what we were letting us into (no time to look them up on Tripadvisor...). What a great experience ! The meal was refined, utterly delicious, and perfectly well-paced; portion size was perfect (no feeling of being stuffed at the end of the meal and certainly not hungry any more). The wines (included in the package) were well chosen and the service was friendly and efficient.
Congratulations to the Chef: this is certainly a place we'll go back to with great pleasure.