We had an amazing time here at Bhu Nga Thani, staying for 8 days last Feb 2011. It was 5* facilities wise, the set-up is near perfect and you wont be disappointed. The rooms are really great, huge beds, shower room, day bed, turn down service, very good set-up. We stayed on the 3rd floor of the block at the back in standard rooms.
We travelled the world and met friends here for some luxury, it really was great to spent time here with our buds, we spent a different night at each restaurant, explored the beaches and enjoyed the pool, and i climbed the view point 8 years after walking past it - very rewarding. Such a good week, please take my comments in balance Bhu Nga Thani, I felt like I should share with your future customers as you could improve. For me the bad points were a fly in the aftersun, which you forget about but trip advisor allows you to share - some problems could be sorted easily, others im not so sure.
Sure the service could be improved in the restaurant, but im not a stickler for this particularly when away. It is expensive, but for the treat it was well worth it. There was a billing mistake that charged us three times for our transfers, instead of twice, which did annoy us a little when we left. This was not so great, as it was our leaving memory. I would make sure you check your bill, I did not expect this type of mistake in a high end resort and must admit relaxed a bit. I would usually trust reception in 5* places, and I did here, but got caught out. It was only a small amount extra compared to our bill, but it is the principle. This should be noted Bhu Nga Thani.
Unfortunately the major fault with the place, knocking at least 2 stars off, is the noise at night. It was tricky sleeping even with ear plugs which does take the shine off a week of r&r.
It is 5*, but there is the reggae reggae twist, the resorts cannot really exist in such proximity to clubs with pumping tunes into the night (2am-5am), and I have updated my view of Railey to one on the way to becoming a party island, instead of a chill out place.
Sort the noise and billing and Bhu Nga Thani would be indeed be perfect. Enjoy your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa Set sail on a traditional long tail boat and putter through the calm turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea to the exotic and secluded Railay Bay. Sheltered by magnificent limestone cliffs and protected mangrove forest Bhu Nga Thani Resort & Spa is a hidden paradise where tranquillity and solitude awaits. This is just the beginning of an exceptional journey to an unforgettable place where romantics and families alike can relax, rejuvenate and feel free. The beautiful colonial style rooms and villas are furnished to delight with special features like private pools, outdoor showers and oversized sunken bathtubs. Relax by the seafront swimming pool, dine at the elegant restaurant, let your cares drift away at the pampering spa and take a scenic tour of Railay Bay to discover the pristine white sand beach, world class rock climbing and spectacular temple cave all within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhu Nga Thani Hotel Railay Beach
- Bhu Nga Thani Resort And Spa Krabi/Railay Beach, Thailand