Bhu Nga Thani Resort and Spa
Sand Sea Resort(Railay Beach)
US$59
  • Pool
Railay Phutawan Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$28
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$31/night.

US$49
  • Pool
Avatar Railay Krabi(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$38
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Tropical Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$33
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$37/night.

Railay Great View Resort and Spa(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$43
  • Breakfast included
Railay Garden View Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$8
US$7
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Rayavadee Resort(Railay Beach)
US$302
  • Breakfast included
Railay Village Resort(Railay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswim up barsmall gymgrand roomshort walkhuge bathrailay westpool villakrabi airportlong tail boatbars and restaurantsao nangstayed here for nightsduring low tideonly accessible by boatamazing hotelbeach sideour honeymoon
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I loved this hotel – made our trip!
Loved, loved, loved Railay – pure paradise, my fave beach destination in asia by a mile. Could not recommend it enough.
We visited in mid April this year - we were unimpressed with Phuket and left early for Railay, wanting less crowded beaches and bogan tourists but nothing too honeymoon-ish . . . we love eating out and downing the odd sunset cocktail.

Gorgeous setting, great pool, gardens were beautifully maintained, rooms were just beautiful. Had that perfect mix of luxury without losing the personality of Thailand.
Shamed the surrounding hotels in Railay by a mile – every time we returned to our hotel or room we were so happy we’d made the right choice. Oh the smugness!
Great pool for lounging by too. We stayed in a deluxe elegant twin room – spacious room, very very clean, amazingly comfy beds and shower to die for.
Location is great – close to all the restaurants, 5 mins walk to either of the beaches.
I was hesitant given the longboat thing as I had a lot of luggage (followed on from a work trip!)- but it was easy and pretty seamless. The transfer to the airport was great too – worth organising via the hotel.
Fronts onto the mangroves, as most place do, but not an issue at all.
Staff were good – no complaints here. And breakfast was great too - buffet.
Our only minor grizzle would be the prices of the spa/massages – but easily solved as there are plenty of other places to go in Railay.

We got a really good last minute rate on their website too – about 65% discount if I remember correctly. Serious bliss – I’m definitely coming back!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I love Railay, nice place to relax, liked this hotel very big. Stay with my wife and little kid in April, nice and quiet, very clean nice room and friendly staff. I not like the breakfast (include) but was chewable at least. One man stay in the pool bar make cocktails was ok, but he say many bad word and my little kid and wife can hear him. (not nice)

Room Tip: Nice balcony overlook the ocean is nice
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank YourDadsVan
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Firstly, great location if you want to get away from everything, there are only a handful of bars and restaurants on the same road as the hotel (need to travel by boat to get anywhere else). The restaurants were very simple all situated in shacks, they didnt look very clean so we ate in the hotel restaurant most nights, it wasnt expensive and cant complain about the food.
The hotel's breakfast wasnt great but if you just wanted some toast, an omlette, some fruit and tea it was sufficient.
The hotel rooms were lovely, stayed in a sea view, it wasnt sea front but you could see the sea in the distance. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would definately recommend this hotel for a short getaway but no more than 3 days as there isnt much to do on railay beach.
We took a tour trip which was quite expensive (approx gbp77 per person) but it was fantastic included lunch, transfers, quad biking, white water rafting and elephant trekking.
We had spa treatment one masseus was brilliant and the other didnt have a clue what she was doing, after complaining the excellent masseus redid my friend's massage.

Overall had a lovely stay at bhu nga thani on railay beach so would definately recommend a visit here.

From the outside Bhu nga thani looked like the best hotel on the beach.

1  Thank AsiaTraveller632
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Have just spent 5 nights in this hotel and was very disappointed with the experience. The staff in particular were very unfriendly and didn't make you feel particularly welcome at all. Service was also terrible, we felt as if we were putting the reception or restaurant staff out by asking for anything. And the food was not great at all, considering this is supposed to be a quality hotel. Don't even get me started on the spa treatments. Firstly the 'special offer' that was advertised in the room (steam + massage + facial for a package price) was no longer available so I could have that. False advertising then. So then special offer I took instead was for a 10 min steam + 60 min massage. The steam room was luke warm at best and so dirty I didn't want to sit down in it. We were offered a 10 min extension to the massage instead which wasn't honoured and the full price still charged!

The location isn't great but we were expecting that, at least it is in close proximity to the bars and restaurants so you don't have to eat at the hotel. And only a short walk to the nicer beaches on the other side.

The only saving grace is the pool area which despite being overlooked by everyone walking along the public pathway is nice.

1  Thank MelbournePeaky
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My 2 friends and I have just returned from spending 5 nights here and I have to say I was completely underwhelmed by the whole experience. On first view the hotel looks really good but unfortunately it didnt live up to our expectations. From arrival through to departure with a few small exceptions we found the staff to be completely unfriendly and disinterested in actually providing any service to us as guests. This was reflected in the attitude of the reception staff on any occasion we needed to speak to them and also the restaurant staff.

Breakfast service was very hit and and miss sometimes waiting for 20 minutes for drinks when food had already arrived. The worst experience was when I ordered an omlette for BREAKFAST one morning which arrived not very well cooked in the middle and CONTAINED A HUGE DEAD BLACK FLY!! The staff saw the look of digust on my face and took my plate away and then approx 20 minutes later came and apologised and asked if I wanted anything else (I declined)....

The hotel itself really could really do with some tlc - paintwork etc. Also, we had mold growing on the lightshade in the bedroom. After 4 nights we had to ask for clean bedding.

We were also quite unimpressed with the 3rd bed in our room we had requested and had to pay a very high supplement for. It was a rickety campbed with a sheet of wood and a thin mattress on it. Not what we expected at all!

The spa treatment was nice but part of the package included a steam which wasnt working. We asked if we could have a longer massage instead which they said yes to but didnt do and still charged the same amount.

The pool is very lovely although the bar was rarely open, they put the water features and music on a few times but again didnt seem to be bothered to do this all the time.

Overall we LOVED the Island and the people we met in other bars, restaurants etc. Maybe with a lot of customer service training and a lick of paint this place could be good?!?!

1  Thank Cheryl A