Patuno Wakatobi Resort gave a good first impression for me. Good view and good landscape.
The reception was nice as well and helpful. However, please do lower your expectations. As (perhaps) it is the only big resort around the island of Wangi-Wangi, the service was not excellence.
I had a standard room, since I booked via dive operator in Jakarta and this is the resort they picked. Please note this is not a complaint. Just a mere experience I've had. The standard room was enough. It was a clean for my standard. No mosquito, no bed bug, everything was exceptional for me. However, standard rooms location were located far from the front office. When I say it was far, IT WAS FAR. More than 300 metres, I reckon. My dive operator always dropped me using car to my room. So, I hope you have the big picture.
The breakfast was enough to give your energy in the morning. I had dinner once in their restaurant, it was okay. Not exceptionally good though.
Overall my opinions are as follow:
- If you have the dough, ask for cottage room. It is closer to the frobt office, so it is easier for you to access when you need something.
- No room service. Which can cause a bit of problem when you're hungry in the middle of the night.
- The resort is a bit run down. They really need to refurbish all room and start thinking about accessibility gor their guests.
- SOP like warm greetings, smile and so on from their staff needs to be improve.
- It was not a bad experience, but improvement needed to give the guest maximum experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Patuno Resort Wakatobi is the Wakatobi's most accessible 3 STAR Resort, situated only a 10 minute drive from the Matahora Airport in Wangi-Wangi. The Wakatobi National Marine Park encompasses over 12 thousand hectares of protected marine park and is made up of four main islands; Wangi-Wangi, Kaledupa, Tomia and Binongko. Patuno Resort stretches along a long white sandy beach which is ideal for sunbathing on, snorkeling from, strolling along, or organizing an impromptu barbecue on. A long barrier reef in front of this resort offers great diving and snorkeling opportunities. The breathtaking overhangs and steep walls of colorful corals are teaming with schooling pelagic fish and hammerhead sharks have recently been spotted here too. The resort is designed with natural building materials such as bamboo, teak wood, coconut wood, rattan and palm leaves, adding to the natural ambiance of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Patuno Resort Wakatobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patuno Resort Wakatobi Hotel Wangi Wangi Island