“Not the best, but it will do just fine.”

Patuno Resort Wakatobi
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Patuno Wakatobi Resort gave a good first impression for me. Good view and good landscape.
The reception was nice as well and helpful. However, please do lower your expectations. As (perhaps) it is the only big resort around the island of Wangi-Wangi, the service was not excellence.
I had a standard room, since I booked via dive operator in Jakarta and this is the resort they picked. Please note this is not a complaint. Just a mere experience I've had. The standard room was enough. It was a clean for my standard. No mosquito, no bed bug, everything was exceptional for me. However, standard rooms location were located far from the front office. When I say it was far, IT WAS FAR. More than 300 metres, I reckon. My dive operator always dropped me using car to my room. So, I hope you have the big picture.

The breakfast was enough to give your energy in the morning. I had dinner once in their restaurant, it was okay. Not exceptionally good though.

Overall my opinions are as follow:
- If you have the dough, ask for cottage room. It is closer to the frobt office, so it is easier for you to access when you need something.

- No room service. Which can cause a bit of problem when you're hungry in the middle of the night.

- The resort is a bit run down. They really need to refurbish all room and start thinking about accessibility gor their guests.

- SOP like warm greetings, smile and so on from their staff needs to be improve.

- It was not a bad experience, but improvement needed to give the guest maximum experience.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Widiarko

Reviewed 2 April 2017

I stayed here with my family for four nights for business meeting. From airport the resort was about 15 minutes. The resort area was very big. Me and my family stayed at a room with balcony facing to the sea. The room was big enough even after we added one extra bed. Our sleep was comfort. There was a jetty juts above the sea. Here was the best place to spend time and talk with friends.
Unfortunately weather was too bad when we stay so we couldn't go snorkeling. But there was a swimming pool that actually sea water dammed behind the resort area. We swim and playing cano there. To spend time we also went to city and Bajo Traditional Village.
The breakfast, lunch, dinner was OK but there was not many choice of menu. Room service took very long time even only for fried banana and coffee.
Anyway, overall we still enjoy our stay. On last day finally the weather was good enough and we could go snorkeling at spot Pantai Cemara, around 10 minutes from resort. Before flying back in the morning we went snorkeling again to another spot that called colloseum, also near Pantai Cemara.
This is not a perfect resort, but the best in Wangiwangi Island, Wakatobi.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

i went there and stay on deluxe room suite. the room is huge! i love it with its own balcony...
the staff was great! very helpful..
i went there and stay for 2 nights
also went on diving and snorkling
when i arrived my room door was broken but! they fixed immidiately...
one thing tho im sad about... internet connection not very good at my room
overall im happy with my stay over there.. there are just too many rooms to grow for this place.. i just hope they would grow more

Room Tip: suite room is the way to go
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

The room was huge, the bathroom is so big I'm sure I can hold a party in there. Beds are comfortable. Could do with a little more cleaning and better TV reception. Otherwise, they have good seafood and the service is good. They helped us arrange boats in the nearby public beach to see dolphins in the morning. The dolphins are especially nice because they're still out at 8AM and very close to the beach (5-10 minutes by small motorboat), unlike other places that require you to wake up before sunrise to see dolphins. Plus, the public beach is also free to snorkel in.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2016

I stayed in Patuno Resort one night in November 2016.
The Standard rooms are big, clean and quiet.
In my room, the air conditioner was broken. It was running in full power mode, I could not even turn it off. After informing the reception, a service guys showed up and after 2 hours, everything was fixed.
The standard rooms are quite far from the reception and restaurant, nearly 1km to walk.
The breakfast buffet was my personel highlight.
It seems that there are quite often big tourist groups. This is not my style of holidays - so I checked out after one night.

One more thing: in the Trip Advisor App, it seems that this place is quite near to the center of Wanci, the main city on Wangi Wangi where you reach by boat - this is not true; it's about 20 km from Wanci.

Room Tip: choose a room with sea view. the "cave view rooms" are not first choice.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Kassi2013

Been to Patuno Resort Wakatobi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Patuno Resort Wakatobi

Address: Jl. Raya Patuno | Wangi-Wangi, South East Sulawesi 93791, Indonesia
Region: Indonesia > Sulawesi > South East Sulawesi > Wakatobi > Wangi Wangi Island
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Wangi Wangi Island
Price Range: $53 - $70 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Patuno Resort Wakatobi 3*
Patuno Resort Wakatobi is the Wakatobi's most accessible 3 STAR Resort, situated only a 10 minute drive from the Matahora Airport in Wangi-Wangi. The Wakatobi National Marine Park encompasses over 12 thousand hectares of protected marine park and is made up of four main islands; Wangi-Wangi, Kaledupa, Tomia and Binongko. Patuno Resort stretches along a long white sandy beach which is ideal for sunbathing on, snorkeling from, strolling along, or organizing an impromptu barbecue on. A long barrier reef in front of this resort offers great diving and snorkeling opportunities. The breathtaking overhangs and steep walls of colorful corals are teaming with schooling pelagic fish and hammerhead sharks have recently been spotted here too. The resort is designed with natural building materials such as bamboo, teak wood, coconut wood, rattan and palm leaves, adding to the natural ambiance of the island. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Patuno Resort Wakatobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Patuno Resort Wakatobi Hotel Wangi Wangi Island