“Great fresh food for little money”
Review of Warung Bali 9

Warung Bali 9
Ranked #29 of 89 Restaurants in Lovina Beach
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I come here frequently. Realy good food. But need some time because always fresh prepared. Run by a friendly family, food cooked by the owner. Good balinese meals.

Thank B. H

Reviewed 24 June 2015

Even the locals recommend this small warung for authentic Balinese. Yes, it's small and basic in appearance, but this belies to complexity of flavours in the very fresh, made to order Balinese food. Generous servings, and they're happy to tailor to your tastes.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Situated along Jalan Loviana Banyualit in Kalibubuk where the dolphin watching is. Look out for the 'Melamun Hotel & Chocolate Spa' sign board at the main road to turn in. Once you are there, don't be fooled by 2 table warung. The authentic Balinese food is out of this world, cooked lovingly by the lady owner chef. If you want food cooked fast and get served in 10 minutes, don't bother dining there. But if you want good food cooked from scratch and fresh, this is the place. The waiting time is slighter longer as she cooks everything herself and take special orders (ie no chilli, vegetarian version, no onions etc). It's worth the wait when the food comes out. It is an epicurean delight. We have dined in up class restaurants, warungs during our 1 week stay in Bali and this is easily the best Balinese food served. We had dined there 3 times since we discovered it- 2 dinners and 1 lunch.
Now the hidden gem- we discovered that the husband of the lady chef is an excellent wayang kulit performer and comes from a family of artists. While waiting for your food, he was very willing to show us his excellent collection of wayang kulits puppets and even gave an impromptu performance. The entire dining experience was enhanced by his performance. Everything that comes out of this warung is made with love and pride

Reviewed 24 April 2015

If visiting Lovina you definitely have to try this little hidden warung called Bali 9 (don't know how appropriate this name is being Aussies) but we stumbled across it by accident and couldn't have been happier. Firstly it was in the same street as our resort and secondly the host is amazing. It is only little but a family run business that also has cooking classes. First night we dined it was full (always a good sign)whilst waiting for your food the owner gives you all the guest books to look through. They date back to 2008 and interesting to read through the pages. Nice sketches and funny reviews. Please leave yours we did. Plus this owner does amazing cocktails for $2.00 High end Arak???

Reviewed 26 April 2014

An obvious example of 'don't judge a book by its cover'. This tiny warung is situated in one of the little street off Lovina's main road, and the area does not have much to offer. It just so happened I was staying nearby and went for an evening stroll.

At first sight it's just another little eatery, and I must have passed it at least twice before I took a closer look. Nothing tells you it harbours a chef with 25 years experience, who means it when he tells you all his food is fresh. It was only when I was paging through his guestbooks (the famous Dutch restaurant reviewer Johannes van Dam visited the owner's restaurant a few times, as ot says on the wall, so I wanted to see his verdict for myself. It simply says '9') that I realised I was in one of those mini-magical places...

I had ordered fried rice with extra tofu and tempe: it sounds simple, but it isn't. This man's craft proved that. I have eaten Balinese food many times, and this meal was probably the best Balinese one I've ever had. Everything was fresh, and it was simply perfect. The price: less than you've ever paid for healthy, yummy food.

This is the only place you'll want to visit for food when in Lovina. Trust me.

PS: the man and his family are also really nice. He can show you around and act as a taxi and tour guide, and he is a painter. He even offered to drive me back to my hotel (a ten minute walk!).