“Very good food, even better service. ”
Review of Warung Bamboo

Warung Bamboo
Ranked #37 of 79 Restaurants in Lovina Beach
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I read a few of the not-so-great reviews of this place and must say that my experienceS (plural) were nothing like those.

I ate here three nights in a row! Let that sink in, lol. There was a restaurant at my villa, but my girlfriend and I walked here to eat because the atmosphere, food, and service were all great!

We tried different options each visit and I am yet to find something that I did not like. A couple things were a little spicy, according to my girlfriend, but that just meant that there was more for me.

The onion rings were very good and the chicken special (it's the first option on the page with specials) was great. We were able to share that meal between the two of us and left stuffed.

It is not a very busy restaurant and the food takes a while to prepare, but those are two great things to us. Not only were we able to relax and enjoy some quality time, but we were confident that the food wasn't just reheated when we placed our order. If you are impatient, go to the corner store and get a cup of noodles. If you want to enjoy some authentic Indonesian food away from the crowd, go to Warung Bamboo and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Food was ok but nothing special. We ordered the barracuda which was tasty and well cooked. Similar to all the other restaurants along the beach. This one seemed more reasonably priced though. Slow to get and bring bill.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

There are about 8 or 9 of these beachside restaurants on Jimbaran Beach, all offering the same food really - so it is tough to choose. We chose this one as it wasn't as busy and hectic as some of the others, plus the staff seemed very nice. We went inside and chose our fish (snapper, squid, prawns and a crab) they weighed them all and then went to cook them on the BBQ. The food was brought to our table on the beach and it was delicious, the crab was fantastic and the prawns amazing, the snapper and squid were also very tasty. There was rice, salad, and some other dips - all served beautifully. If you want easy laid back beach side dining then I would recommend.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

It was our first night in Jimbaran and we decided to go easy on the menu. We ordered a tuna satay and a nasi goreng sea food. The taste and flavouring was good. We enjoyed the food. Later we asked for the bill, waited 20 min for the bill, asked again, waited another 10 min and then decided to walk inside to pay. We waited another five minutes and when we paid, we got too little change. We had to pay about 230k, gave 300k and received 1k. We discussed a while to get the rest of our money back. Kind of annoying.

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

Not sure how this gets 4.5
I ate at Jimbaran in 2012 can't remember where, though the food and service was excellent.
After reading the reviews I was keen for warung bamboo.
Firstly the table cloth had oil stains all over it. The menu was the dodgiest thing I've seen in Bali. Dirty ripped, tattered and rusting staples holing it together. I had to wash my hands after reading it.
The staff were friendly and pleasant but very lazy, they never came to see if we needed anything, rather we had to always call them over.
Only 2 tables were occupied but next door was full.
The food tasted delicious and we were very happy with it. The atmosphere is excellent at Jimbaran and the sunset amazing. It's just a shame the beach is so littered with rubbish.
I'd try next door next time.

1  Thank Sebasseldorf