Mumbul Guesthouse
US$60
Priceline
US$38
US$30
Villa Agung Beach Inn(Lovina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$44
Agoda.com
Sunari Beach Resort(Lovina Beach)
US$33
US$29
US$59
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsswimming poolnice placeguesthouseindonesiadvdsmotorbike
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at this guesthouse last weekend and I can only say it would have to be one of the most pleasant stays I have had in Lovina.It is tucked away from the main road among rice fields and adjoins the local fishing village, a peaceful setting if ever there was one.There are just 4 rooms so there is no fear of 'too many' residents.The rooms are very spacious and air conditioned with a great bathroom, room number one has an outdoor bathroom!
Bed linen is very white and clean, beds are comfortable and all rooms have a great view of the rice fields from the windows.There is a wardrobe and 2 chairs inside but no TV which is the last thing I would want anyway.
Breakfast is included in the very attractive rate, a basic but tasty breakfast cooked up by Iwan...best jaffles I have had in years..great coffee too.
There is a fish market very close by and Micheal the owner will be only too happy to cook your fresh fish on his BBQ.
Staff are brilliant, friendly and always with that beautiful Balinese smile and Amanda, Michaels wife will tend to your needs.
Abby the beautiful friendly dog will keep you amused and as she is still in puppy years enjoys lots of attention.
Although some distance from Central Lovina and Singaraja it is not a problem to get a taxi to take you to anywhere and there are some beautiful places to go and see.
I visited a local place called Rasta which is another fishing village to have sunset drinks and dinner....drinks ok but i do not recommend the dinner.
If you want to experience the Dolphin watch and sunrise in a local fishing boat Michael can organise that for you at 60.000 rupiah per person...well worth it.
There is a great pool which gets the sun almost all day yet is quite a nice temperature and is set in very nice surroundings.
If you want to get away from it all I can highly recommend Mumbul guesthouse and I shall be returning in January and also for Nyepi.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I've left Mumbul Guesthouse today after spending 17 days there. The fact speaks for itself. I had a wonderful time and met fantastic people there.
Mike and Amanda are so helpful with anything you need. If it's a scooter you'd like to rent, an excursion or simply organize a snorkel / dive trip.
The rooms are very spacious and clean. The staff are lovely and the food is very good.
Thanks again Michael and Amanda for letting us cook for my farewell night. Hope to see you again & all the best for the baby!
(Not to forget a hug for Abby)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirstenatsea
mumbul, Owner at Mumbul Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us. We also had a lot of fun while you were here. Thank you for cooking us all dinner. It was one of the best Italian meals I have had in a long time! Take care and we look forward to seeing you again here in Bali.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great place to stay. It's out of the central area but easily accesible to central lovina. 1.5 km walk away or if you comfortable with bikes & scooters you can hire them. The guys have 2 x bikes for customers so you can use them for free.

Booked 2 x tours via the homestay. The first was the day tour & the guide was great. The second one was the Dolphin Watch. I dont know what happend with this but the first time i'd booked it, the man didnt turn up. The second day it was rescheduled for, the guy didnt turn up until gone 6am ( after one of the keepers rung him ) and he came rushing on a scooter. Piled onto this scooter & got to the boat, we went out to sea to do dolphin watching and was only out at the main area maybe 30 minutes or so, then he rushed us back and told us to catch a cab from the main road which would have been an additional 5000-1000 ruphees. Normally they pick you up and drop you off so i wasnt pleased with this tour at all. Ended up walking the 1.5km in the scorching heat.

The rooms are great & got our own ensuite bathroom too so its great price & amanda is very accomodating. eg; I dont eat meat - their thai green curry normally has chicken in it but she had the cook put veg in there for me instead. Rooms are huge!

The pool is lovely too and nice and clean & their dog is adroable!

The wifi is always dropping out unless you go on at quiet periods eg; early morning use to work for me.

Definately reccomend this place. If you stay here, be sure to checj out Rasta restaurant. It was acE!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silvertwister09
mumbul, Owner at Mumbul Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The feedback is valuable to us. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with the dolphin trip. I think we will look for another tour operator so we don't have this kind of trouble again.

Regarding the internet, we have just changed providers. Previously we didn't have a telephone line to our place, so we had to get internet via a radio transmitter, so there were sometimes problems with this set up. We have just gotten a telephone line installed so now we have ADSL with the largest internet provider in Indonesia. It is faster than the previous ISP but still not comparable to what you might find in other countries.

Thanks once again and we hope you will stay with us again sometime in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Mumbul was very relaxing. The pool is beautiful with lots of lounge chairs. the rooms are very big with a outdoor bathroom. The dvd player in the room was nice, and the owner has a large dvd collection you can borrow from. Its a 5-10 min bike ride from Lovina Centre and we used the bikes the owner has for free.

Breakfast was tastey and served when we woke up.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d0uluvme49
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Very nice rooms and bathrooms, brekkie is thrown in at a great price. The weather was hot while I was there so I used the pool a lot, free use of bikes was good too.

Loved Anturan, its small but has all you need to chill out and is a few minutes away from Lovina central. Mumbul is well placed to access all this.

Michael and Ammanda have a wide range of contacts to access the variety of things to do around Lovina and are happy to assist in booking to make sure you get the "right" price!! Plus they are friendly welcoming hosts happy to have a chat.

Room Tip: All are big with aircon, you get a choice of TV etc. I can live without it and there is one in the restaurant if you get desperate.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo