“excellent food - nice to look at - in a very relaxed atmosphere”
Review of L'Eau vive

L'Eau vive
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2016

we ordered the surprise menu - which is a rather long menu already .
we were given several amuse bouches to start with.
it was fabulous!

we were a group of 8 with various dietary limitations.
the chef took it with a smile and cooked around the 2limitations" or replaced some parts for other dishes.

we had asked to have one glass of wine fitting to the dishes. here again, some wanted only red wine, some red and wine.
and again: no problem.

it has been a delicious experience.
and it has a visual experience too, all looked good served a quite special plates.

the service was very nice and attentive.
And, frankly, they accomododated all special wishes and dietary restrictions with a smile and with perfection.
Some restaurantswith very simple menus don't even manage that.

we all say: chapeau.
it has been a wondrful evening

we come back!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

While holidaying back with family in Belgium, we wanted to experience fine dining. Ironically, the in-laws recommended another place near by, but when we got there, it was not at all what we were looking for so we left. We headed to L'eau Vive instead and we're so glad we did. It was mid-week and we managed to score a table. We enjoyed our 'apéro' outside in the very lovely setting by the river. We moved inside for our 'dégustation' menu. While my husband will eat pretty much anything, I am incredibly fussy and almost vegetarian. The set menu didn't interest me and I asked (almost reluctantly!!), if they could offer me anything else. In line with their 2-star Michelin rating, I was treated to a degustation menu tailored to my needs and fit for a queen. It was honestly outstanding!
The service was excellent, the 'pace' of the meal was perfect and the explanations that went with the food were just right. We honestly couldn't fault it and it goes down as one of the best meals I've ever ever experienced.
If you want something super special - this is the place to go and yes, they can adapt the menu for you if it doesn't suit. Who could want anything more? Fine dining at it's best....

1  Thank KangarooBlue
Reviewed 12 March 2016

We arrived there for a special occasion, with friends. Very warm welcome, and Champagne in a separate room.
Very clean and impeccable dining room and table setup. Warm and friendly atmosphere. Seasonal menu, with possibility to ask for adapted dishes when selected menu découverte.
Reasonable pricing (depending on wine choice/formula); certainly one of my best experiences ever. Hope to go there again, soon.

1  Thank f0rmidable
Reviewed 5 March 2016

We did book for 2 for my wife's brirthday and so spent the week-end there.
It was our first time in l'Eau vive and for sure it will not be our last.
We could benefit from the Valentines day menu and we enjoyed it from A to Z. They could accommodate my neutropaenic diet and still made it a fantastice culinary experience.
Both my wife and i loved the courses and the service and part of this the proximity of the Espace mericey where we did spend the night!
I highly recommand the place and worth the detour wherever you are in Belgium!

1  Thank Serge_De_Bock
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

We followed a recommendation of my Belgian Business Colleague - and, to say it in a nutshell: it was not a wrong decission!
The restaurant is located in an old mill refurbished and presented in a well done mixture of combining old elements with modern style. A part of the restaurant is In a winter-garden with view on a waterfall which is lighted by different colours. The cooking is on a absolutely high level and the team presents a high Performance!
We have only two small minus-points. Firstly it is no menu-card available in English; Secondly we arrived to early, to be precisely 25 minutes before opening time. But instead of inviting us to the lounge, we had to wait outside what was unnecessary and unfriendly due to the level and claim of the location.
Inside the restaurant we ordered a four course menue, with foie gras. Because I am not a friend of this, I asked for substitution of the starter, what was no problem. The service handled it friendly and client oriented. They served me scallops with different cremes and sauces. Inspite I am not a friend of foie gras, I tasted a piece of my wife's starter, which was perfect. The next courses were a delicious monkfish, followed by a poussin and a dessert with a combination of ginger and lemon creams. Besides we have got a lot of amuse geeule and a delicious 'after dessert'. We enjoyed eating on an absolutely high level combined with a perfect and good trained service. Due to the fact, that we had to drive by car, we did not choose the wine course but single glasses of wine. It was no problem, to taste the wine and then to order it. The prices are in relation to the quality and presentation of the meals on a fair level. At all: Superb and every time again!!!