“Delicious takeaway Sunday Roast”
Review of Imperial Arms

Imperial Arms
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Chislehurst
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Imperial Arms is a family run GastroPub with a Restaurant/Function Room in the original Coach House a dating back to 1779. The Pub is cosy, warm and inviting with two bars which seats up to 40 for dining. The Library Bar and the Catherine Bar, named after the Mistress of Napoleon 111 who stayed here when he was exiled to Chislehurst in 1870. The Restaurant is romantic and beautifully decorated and seats 24 and 40 for a function. Both sell delicious, reasonably priced, homemade food along with excellent wine lists and beautifully kept Real Ales and Lagers such as Harveys, London Pride, Pedigree, Chapel Down Curious Brew, Peroni and much more, We have live music in the Restaurant on a Thursday evening from 8 -11. We also hold a fun quiz with music and prizes every 1st Wednesday of the month from 8.30 in the pub
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love my own roast dinners but after all the cooking I’ve been doing lately I wanted a rest last Sunday. I ordered my favourite, pork belly and I wasn’t disappointed. The crackling was so crispy and the meat succulent. The potatoes, Yorkshire and veg were as good too and all piping hot. My husband had the homemade vegetarian nut roast and loved it.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (662)

Reviewed 17 December 2020

We went for lunch in the bistro and loved the interior of this old coach house with lovely Christmas decorations. The staff were really friendly and one of the team were telling us about the history of the pub which was really interesting. We both had the burgers which were really fresh and tasty. We'll be back!

1  Thank Esther S
Reviewed 14 December 2020

My husband and I had a late Sunday Lunch in the Bistro and were very happy with the ambience, staff and, of course food. The staff were friendly, but, not intrusive in this intimate Bistro. We had a lovely roast dinner - with very crispy roast potatoes! Too much to eat - but, it was a lovely late afternoon with some nice wine.
We would recommend visiting and we will certainly be back!

1  Thank dianefF4840CL
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Great Sunday dinner in the bistro around the back of the pub nice staff as well was very impressed we had two courses both really nice

1  Thank Y4469VBdarrenm
Reviewed 11 December 2020

Truly the best Sunday Roast I have eaten at a pub in a long while. I ordered the goats cheese nut roast with all the trimmings and it was lovely. The meat eaters enjoyed their meals too. Great Yorkshire puddings, crispy potatoes and the vegetables still had some bite! The staff and owners are very hospitable. I would encourage everyone in the area to support this pub through the current hard times.

1  Thank Alice_Livewell