“Good inexpensive seafood”

Las Anclas
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Portobelo
Cuisines: Central American
Reviewed 27 February 2016

OK, maybe a bit tacky, but the nautical stuff is real, not made in China. Good service, mix of tourists and Panamanians, adequately good food. Staff very friendly.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

We ate here after a long day of diving, snorkeling, and horseback riding. The service was definitely slow but this was not surprising given the location. There were several us so I had the chance to sample a few dishes. Unfortunately, they were all lukewarm and pretty forgettable. However, I will give them credit for nice plate presentations.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

We were starving when we went for lunch at Las Anclas, after a couple of dives at the nearby Scubapanama diving club. But we had to recognise we were in Panama so the rhythm was … slower… So we had to wait for what seemed to us to be an eternity. Finally the food arrived. My shrimps were great (although there were not so many of them) as well as the sort of local fish soup taken by my friends.
Overall it was a great experience and if I am lucky enough to go back to Portobelo, I’d have another meal at Las Anclas!

1  Thank Swissdiver
Reviewed 18 June 2015

We have eaten here a few times because it was convienient to were we were going. Slow service takes on a new meaning here. We had an hour and it took 55 minutes to get our lunch.

Last trip we had breakfast and although we were the only two people in the restaurant, they forgot to put in my food order. I had to take it "to go" because we were late after spending an hour.

The restaurant opens at 8, but the staff didn't get there till 8:05

I call this Unfortunate because the food was good.

Reviewed 13 May 2015

The food is amazing at this restaurant everything is fresh from the sea and tasty. The price is average and the waitresses are very nice. the décor of the restaurant is unique and it's a great atmosphere to sit and enjoy your meal. Highly recommended if your in Portobelo. The food is great.

1  Thank mellownyce