Bryn Howel Hotel(Llangollen)
Lion Quays(Weston Rhyn)
US$111
US$107
1,287 results
All reviewssausagecountry parkcraig y noswedding venueghost tourdog friendly hotelbar areabridal suitewedding breakfastevening mealgroupon dealghost huntold buildingwelsh cakesdog ownerspatti barself service
Reviewed 5 October 2017

This was a lovely place to stay , also very interesting full of history . Room was very good and bathroom was excelllant . Location was perfect and scenery so pretty . Staff very friendly and helpful . The tour of the castle was very enjoyable and not to be missed , so much history and very enthusiastic guide .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MichaelLudwig, Manager at Craig-y-Nos Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Excellent comments, Thank you. It is great that you found the Castle a great and interesting place to stay. I am also happy to read your comments about the staff and that you enjoyed the tour.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight here last week, everything was perfect. The bedroom and bathroom were spotless, which is very important to me. The grounds and gardens were a delight to walk in. Staff friendly, especially Kath, who serves on the breakfast counter, she works efficiently with a smile on her face. The food is excellent (compliments to the Chef), with lots of choice. The Welsh cakes were in my opinion a lovely touch too. The castle tour is well worth doing. Seamus, gave an excellent exposition as he told us about Adelina Patti and the history. He didn’t leave a stone uncovered. full marks Seamus, it was interesting as well as enlightening. We were taken to places that we didn’t realise existed and captured the atmosphere of that period. We were more than sorry to leave, one night was’t long enough, but we departed very happy and would love to return next summer, so we can walk through the adjoining countryside.

1  Thank alan s
MichaelLudwig, Manager at Craig-y-Nos Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it is great that you found the Room well kept, and the service provided by the staff to be great. I am happy to read your positive comments regarding the food and the tour and am sure all the staff, will be most happy. It is most pleasing that that the staff struck a chord such that you could remember their names and I am sure they will be happy to read their names in lights.
Sadly as you found 1 night is not enough so do return and avail yourself to one of our 2 (or even 3 night deals).

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

What an amazing place to stay. Everything about it is perfection and you cannot fault a thing. The room was spotless, everything was glistening, including the bathroom. Comfortable bed, lovely crisp white sheets, so needless fo say, I slept like a log. The breakfast was ample, with cereals, fruit, yoghurts, fresh bread, even Welsh cakes, plus a wide selection of cooked foods that make a perfect English breakfast. The coffee was the best, and I am fussy, as I like mine strong! Cath, the breakfast hostess is a lovely lady, friendly, helpful and very efficient, she is an asset to the hotel, nothing was too much trouble for her, she served with enthusiasm and a big smile. In fact, all the Staff we met were helpful, and polite. As we checked out we were encouraged to join the castle tour. This is definitely something not to be missed, an absolute must. Shamus, our tour guide knows his subject inside out, so much so that I want to read more about Adelinna Patti and the history for myself. He certainly brought the castle to life, with his many stories that had us all enthralled. A GREAT big thankyou for a stay that we enjoyed and are still talking about, it was a wonderful experience that we shall repeat.

1  Thank Glamorgangal
MichaelLudwig, Manager at Craig-y-Nos Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your positive comments, it is great that you enjoyed the food, our kitchen team will be pleased and were happy to mention our great performing staff by name. I am happy you enjoyed the tour and found it interesting too. It is appreciated that you mentioned your well appointed room and we look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights with my mum and my dog. She had booked a Groupon for the one night, and then we had previously decided to stay extra. The hot tub was not working but we had not been told about this prior to arriving.

The one important thing I must mention is the staff at this hotel are absolutely fantastic. They were so good with us and our dog- Cathy gave him his sausage and lots of fuss every morning at breakfast which he loved! They could not do enough for you and were always happy to greet you and chat!

The room was well located- it opened out on to a garden so I could take the dog out when needed, and we could also access the park from a gate just behind our room. The only downside was that the room is looking a bit tired- the curtains did have some mould staining on them, and the windows were very steamed up with condensation in the morning. The Wi-fi does not work in the rooms, and is not always reliable in the lounge area. There is also no telephone in the room. The owner does address all of this in their manual, explaining that they are aware that Work needs to be done to the hotel but this is why I have only given it a three. It wouldn’t stop me staying here again- the reception and treatment of Archie was amazing and I cannot thank staff enough for that. There was also a heater in the room which kept it toasty.

We ate in the restaurant one night- the food was lovely and portions massive! We greatly enjoyed- the only downside was that my chocolate fudge cake could have been warmed and the tart my Mum ate had been in the cabinets for a few days....

All in all a nice place to stay with the dogs, with lots of walks in the surrounding area! Not luxurious but still good just the same.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Your comments are greatfully received and it is good to hear you enjoyed your stay – it looks as if we are about to replace our Hot Tubs internal systems else replace, so I am glad you were advised in advance and hopefully not too disappointed. It is great that you found the Castle and its team helpful and your name check is greatfull received. I shall have housekeeping and maintenance check the room to hopefully rectify some of the issues mentioned. I am glad of course you will return.
Hot Choc Fudge cake is one of those things – some like it hot, and others not I shall ask our waitress team to ask guests how they prefer it – I prefer mine like you!!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We have returned from our 3 nights B&B. We thoroughly enjoyed it & it's in an amazing setting. There were so many lovely walks to do with the dog.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great & our dog loved her sausage. We hope to go back again next year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We would welcome you back and it is great to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and your positive staff comments are much appreciated.

Thanks