“Fabulous Christmas Preview Evening meal”
Review of Cedar Farm Cafe

Cedar Farm Cafe
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Mawdesley
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Fabulous food. I am a regular customer and always enjoy the food and coffee. The kitchen excelled themselves this time. A choice of delicious main course and a vegetarian option. The platter of deserts finished the meal off wonderfully. Clean plates from all our party. Washed down with a great Merlot. Lovely friendly staff & a great atmosphere. We will be booking for next year. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Disappointing visit for two new mummies. We weren’t allowed our prams next to our table and the cafe was empty, instead we were told we had to take them out of the prams and leave the prams at the front of the cafe. I was able to remove the car seat for my four month old and put it on a bench seat next to me. Once we were settled at our table we were told we had to wait another 20 mins to order food as they only started taking orders at 12. The food was lovely, however I was then asked to move my babies car seat from the bench to free the table next to us (even though they had told me to put the car seat there) , I was asked to do this whilst I was breastfeeding my baby...! After being asked I then was looked at several times by the cafe owner as I hadn’t yet moved the seat, how did she expect me to move it whilst feeding my baby? Worst of all after finally moving the car seat she then put a couple on the table next to us, even though the cafe was empty! The couple had to awkwardly squeeze into the table, avoiding high chairs and changing bags on the floor! This poor couple then had to sit in very close proximity to me and my friend and two very young and unsettled babies! I felt that the cafe owner was trying to prove a point by sitting them there, it was all very bizarre and very awkward! I felt more sorry for this couple who had to eat their meal on a very small and cramped table, whilst squashed next to us! We soon left and will not be returning! It’s hard enough being a new Mum and attempting to go out with your baby, but I didn’t expect to feel so unwelcome in a family orientated place!

19  Thank tasha199
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Didn't like the ambience. Cramped and old fashioned. But I suppose that is what you expect at a Farm cafe.

8  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Went with my family to the cafe and found the staff are really nice and attentive, and the food is very good quality. However, the owner isn’t very nice to customers, or staff from observation, and smells like an ashtray, as do parts of the cafe.

6  Thank lostwanderer1234
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The cafe was full as it was half term week but we were told a table would be ready in ten minutes. This wasn't a problem as it just gave us an opportunity to mooch around the shops and galleries!
We had the quiche with salad which was fab. Beautiful warm quiche with amazing salads.
There's plenty of choice on the menu and food always looks yummy

1  Thank Scramblegirl