“Great food!”
Review of Maxi's Restaurant

Maxi's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

The red snapper is phenomenal! The staff is so friendly and helpful. The food is so good, we came back for round two in a 4 day visit! :)

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We visited Maxi’s for lunch. The food is here delicious and the vibe is nice. It is right next to the sea and they play reggae music downstairs. The service is great too. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

If you are going to Maxi's know what you want out of that experience. The location, with a wide-open coastal view (from the upstairs balcony, where you can sit) is fantastic. The service is fairly slow, but again, that's what were expecting in that laid back atmosphere. We ordered a whole grilled red-snapper for 2 and it was delicious. The food was pricey, but overall, the entire experience was definitely worth it. If you are planning to go, make sure that you do so at least an hour before sunset because being able to see the view is half of the experience.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

This place is super cool. Amazing location right by beach and sea but able to watch the world go by. Lovely food and friendly staff. It might be a little slow but you are overlooking the Caribbean so what's the rush

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I went to Manzanillo exclusively to have a meal at Maxis, my previous experiences (a few years’ ago) were absolutely amazing, therefore I was really excited to be back in the Caribbean and in the great restaurant Maxis was.
From the moment we entered the place it seemed a little bit deteriorated, which is predictable being in front of the beach (some maintenance does not hurt anybody). My Wife and I sat down in the free table we found and from that moment, everything was a disaster.
It took almost 20 minutes for someone to ask us about the beverages, we ordered a lemonade and a rum and coke. Taking a step ahead of the delay experienced, we ordered the entrance and the main plates at the same time. After 25 minutes waiting for the beverages, we asked to what I believe is the administrator and he went ahead and prepared both himself. By this moment, we had almost an hour with only two drinks. The entrances took around 20 minutes more to arrive. The seafood soup was good and the fried cassava.
The main plates, one lobster with rice and beans and chicken with rice and beans, took around 1 extra hour to arrive. At this point, I was upset with the waiting time but excited about the food, which turned to be a complete failure. The Lobster was not fresh, you could tell because it was soggy and almost like mash potatoes consistency in some parts. It lacked any Caribbean sauce. The rice and beans was dry and flavorless. The only thing fresh were the “Patacones”(fried plantain). Regarding the chicken, the waitress never asked if half portion or complete, therefore my wife was left with one wing (Yes one small wing) of chicken with a flavorless sauce. I then asked for two more lemonades, which were never delivered.
I went to pay the bill and the people in charge did not have any registry of the food we ordered. I had to repeat all to her in order to pay for the food.
Overall, the servers are always lost and never write down anything, this causes misses in the attention, the food is no longer even acceptable. The place used to be an excellent reference of the Caribbean food but now is lost in the mediocrity of the comfort zone. I don’t know if Rick is still the owner and is around sometimes but it seems there is no leadership at this restaurant, where even when a complaint is filed, what the people working does is make fun of it.
Please the owner of this place, reconsider the people you have working there or at least hire a manager that can run the business and the kitchen in a better way.