“Amazing”
other travellers have booked this property
Dog and child friendly decking area
Thank you to everyone who's left their feedback living room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dog and child friendly decking area
Thank you to everyone who's left their feedback
living room
hall/entrance
our private hot tub
Winter Wonderland
Our private hot tub
Plenty of parking space for car, boat or jet-ski
Rear lawn and storage shed
Indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room (passes required)
Gym (passes required)
Out-door cinema
Splash park
Aqua Park
Fly-boarding on jet-ski lake (have a go)
17lb carp caught Duck Lake
Donna Nook seals
Floor plan
How to get to Shoveler
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

leanneraf...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 30 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

I booked shoveler Lodge for myself, my partner and our three children.
Mark the manager greeted us, took us to the lodge and showed us how everything worked. Also about the activities and where to go for food ect.
WOW we were not disappointed. The lodge was just as beautiful in person as it was in the pictures. The lodge was fully equipped including utensils, washer/dryer a real log burner and logs.
The two bedrooms had there own teles and ensuits.
The hot tub was amazing especially at night with the lights on. We even connected our Bluetooth to the hot tub speakers.
There was plenty of seating area on the decking of the lodge. We sat and had a bbq and watched the planes flying over.
I would definetly recommend this lodge to family and friends.
We will be booking again.

1 Sep 2018
Thankyou Leanne for your lovely review you left I am so glad you and your family enjoyed themselves, the bbq and the hot tub is a big hit for the lodge and the weather was good for you hope to see you again soon Kind regards Lorraine
Emma G
Grantham, United Kingdom
“Hottub weekend away ➖ the hot tub”
Reviewed 18 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

Stayed here a few times now .. and I will not be returning.. came back again for a nice relaxing weekend away .. And it wasn’t what I got ... the manger was very rude .. and I don’t expect to pay good money to be spoken to like the manger did to one of the girls I was with .. didn’t get full use of hot tub .. as we couldn’t get it to work and the tub was dirty and didn’t look that inviting.but the manager wasn’t bother his reply was ..he was the only person that knew how to work it .. (wud of thought he wud of told us on our first day ) any problem we had was too much trouble for this man .. .the cabin itself felt a little run down and could of done with a little T L C

2 Oct 2018
I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay at shoveler lodge, I've never had any complaints about my manager Mark being rude to anyone and as for the hot tub being dirty and the lodge being run down that's your opinion but no one else has complained
Kind Regards Lorraine
Reviewed 17 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018

19 Jul 2018
Hi Kelly
Thankyou so much for the lovely review you left us I am glad you all enjoyed yaselfs we look forward to seeing you again I am glad the children enjoyed the hot tub and my manager Mark was very helpful
Kind regards Lorraine
haleys808
“Not the best weekend”
Reviewed 9 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

This was my 6th return visit to the lodge and was the most frustrating visit I have had.
We started our trip with no meet and greet although the prosecco was a nice touch. As we settled in while the ladies were in the bedroom the manager walked straight in without announcing his arrival which made members of the party feel uncomfortable.

The hot tub was said to be brand new but was not new and needed treatment which we had to tell the manager before use. There seemed to be a lot of wear and tear with warped flooring and cracks in the wall the manager blamed a previous flood that broke the under floor heating this is understandable but would have like to have been told before hand. The sky had been removed but was still advertised and also there was no WiFi in the cabin the manager said the WiFi was part of the lake house and to ask up there.

There was no instructions on the hot tub as it was not working the manager came round and said only he knows the sequence of buttons to change from economy to standard there was nothing at all about this in the information folder.

We had issues with the plumbing after discovering the shower comes on when you use the bathroom tap this was just constantly a disappointment.
We discovered ants in the main bedroom and was not put off as it is nature but we did ask the manager for ant powder and batteries as there was none in the remotes. he bought some ant powder the next afternoon and left it balanced on the fence.
(I guess I’ll do it then yeah?)

On our final day we planned a relaxing hot tub day but took 4 hours until we could use it the manager refused to answer our call and messages and when the owners got hold of him still didn’t turn up until we insisted he come round, the hot tub mushroom had been taken by accident by the manager from the previous day and it needed chlorine he finally arrived and said someone has stolen it but not touched any of our designer sunglasses or belongings that were left outside just the hot tub mushroom???

We finally got in the hot tub Sunday around 5 on our last day and the dirt was shocking we got straight back out. I was disappointed I paid for 6 ladies to have a relaxing break from husbands and children and was not relaxed at all. The manager was rude and told us not to tell him how to do his job and constantly complained about the owners threatening people which we thought was highly unprofessional.

Disappointed I waited a year for this break with my besties and it was problem after problem.

21 Jul 2018
As the manager of shoveler lodge i have asked permission from the owners to be able to reply to this very insulting review.
Firstly guests are giving information before they arrive and asked to call me with their intended time of arrival so it gives me enough time to meet them at the lodge this normally works extremely well with all guests but on this occasion this did not happen. Being as they state their 6th visit they arrived at the lodge without prior notice and then rang me informing me they had arrive .I told them to let themselves in and i would be straight round to see them. On arrival i was met with very loud music playing from the tv (which if the control was void of batteries as stated was working perfectly well) I knocked on the patio door a few times with no response, The door was ajar so i shouted very loudly above the music hello a couple of times but to no avail so i stepped inside the lounge area. The ladies eventually noticed my presence and came from the bedrooms to meet me, I categorically say that i no occasion did i step inside the bedroom areas as they stated.
The hot tub is new and very similar to the old tub which was recently replaced, Yes we are still waiting for the instruction manual to be dropped off but personally went through in great detail all aspects of the operation of the tub and the control panel.
The lodge is a rental and of course is subject to wear and tear but this is maintained to a good standard, If there had been a problem with the plumbing is was never brought to my attention as has not been an issue since.
I maintain several hot tubs and have done so for a considerable time, I will never leave chemical at the lodge for guests to use themselves, they may have done on previous visits but this is a major health and safety issue and will definitely be adhered too. The tub is drained cleaned and checked regularly to keep it up to standard, There is no reason why i would take the chlorine floating mushroom away!!!!!!!!! for what reason or purpose.
You mention on your final night that the tub was shocking, EXTREMELY HARSH COMMENT as that afternoon i sat with the remaining ladies chatting while all checks were carried out, When i left the tub was in perfect order.
It was a shame you did not find the lodge up to your standard and that you have made a personal insult on my character, the lodge is lovely perfect for any occasion couples friends and families alike.
This is the first and only complaint that i have had since being the manager but the numerous positive reviews from previous very happy guests definitely speaks for itself.
Balooba20...
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
“Lovely lodge”
Reviewed 14 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend with my friends for a girly weekend and it was lovely. Spacious, clean and tidy. The hot tub was lovely and a definite bonus. Lovely underfloor heating - I'm always cold so it was very good! Only disadvantage was there wasn't enough loo roll for 2 nights for four of us, could have done with just one more. Mark was lovely and answered any queries we had. Would definitely stay again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
11 Aug 2018
Thankyou for the lovely review I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hot tub and thankyou so much for the lovely review on my manager Mark hope to see you again soon
Kind regards Lorraine
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing