Villa Caloocan Resort(Talisay)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Pool
San Roque Beach Resort(Talisay)(Great Value!)
US$35
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$35
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbalai isabelclub balaitaal volcanoaqua parkorchard laneinfinity poolteam buildingjet skiwater activitiesbanana boatbasketball courtview of the lakean overnight staybring your ownbottled waterwhole familyfront office
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

A small place but with enough activities to do in a day. There are three pools within the compound, and the largest is not the cleanest one by a mile. If you go to the deepest end of that pool, where there no people at all, you can see traces of oil in the water, dried leaves and dead insects. The smaller two pools are a lot better, with only a few dead insects floating around. If you are coming here to enjoy a beach vacation, you will be extremely disappointed. There is no real beach you can swim in, and I wouldn’t recommend swimming in the shore as there’s lots of rubbish and seaweed floating and along the shore. There are two billiard tables, bike rental, basketball court, aqua sports and their latest Aquapark, which floats on the aforementioned shore.

The room we got was bigger that what I expected. We got 3 queen-sized beds with the 3rd on the loft with its own toilet. The room has a small kitchen with an electric stove, fridge and a small sink and beside it is the second toilet with hot water. It has a flat TV and 2 working aircon units.

Buffet food was average, it’s the “you get what you pay for” for P500, drinks not included.

This hotel needs a lot of improvement, from their cleanliness to their staff. We arrived at 1pm and was told that we would be called for our room by 2pm. By 2pm, nothing came. We went back to the counter and they told us that they were still checking on our room for it to be ready. We got our room at 2:30. This wouldn’t be the last time their service disappointed us. We would have to remind waiters about the drinks we ordered. Our room was fine except that toilet smelled like urine.

When we were checking out, we were told that we would have to wait 15 minutes for clearance because they need to check the room (in case we left something). 15 mins have passed, then we had to remind them again. We ended up waiting for another 15 mins. What was annoying was when we got home, we found out that we left our phone charger which was plugged in beside the bed. So what was the 30 mins of waiting then for, did they really check the room?? Well I left my mobile number when I checked in, so I should have received a notification by now that I left my charger.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Thur60
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Not returning to this place nor recommend it to my friends. I have booked and payed in full our 2 days stay months ago, but during check in I was advised that our room was not available. Initially, Ms. Pauleen said it was due to maintainance issue, however we found out that all the suites were fully booked that day. I was really dissapointed on how disorganized the staffs are specially the reservations team, and the check in process took 4 hours. Mind you, they will never respond to your inquiries and nobody will answer on their truckline even if you call them. To top it all, I have tried to be very understanding as much as possible since Ms. Pauleen was kind enough to offer and upgrade us to Austodillo. However, during the check out process, I totally lost patience when it took them sometime to release our validations. Unfortunately the room attendant didn't have a checklist of all the items inside the villa, hence, when we checked out they assumed that we lost their rice cooker. Of all things just a rice cooker like Bruh, I could afford the 2 days stay and even payed all the water activities, and then you'll tell us that we took their rice cooker. Can't forget what the receptionist told me "Mam di raw kayo mare-release until mailabas nyo yun rice cooker". I was like, the hell that rice cooker didn't even cost me anything and i can even replaced it with 10 more provided we did really lost it. Pakiayos naman ng serbisyo nyo. Para sa mga balikbayan na kagaya namin, we are looking for a place to relax pero un napuntahan namin dumagdag pa sa stress namin.

1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Our family booked for deluxe room and orchard lane.

Deluxe room - looks new, building with lift which can accommodate 6 persons, with kitchenette but unusable, 2 floors with bed and bath at the second floor, aircon with leak (we reported this to the front office but no maintenance came), short walk to the front office and Terraza resto, no veranda

Orchard lane- with usable kitchenette and complete cooking stuff but no microwave, room needs refurbishing, infront is a picnic area with tables while at the back is common ihawan area, with parking area infront of the room, not yet ready at 3pm check in time

Both types of rooms are provided with free use of towels, toiletries such as shampoo, soap and lotion (no toothbrush and toothpaste) and mineral water, poor wifi

Amenities/General- with 3 pools, 1 restaurant with good food that has reasonable price and big serving, buffet breakfast is limited at Php 380 while lunch and dinner buffet at Php 500-600, understaff (order food in advance because it will take you about an hour to get your food), ala carte is served only after 11am, with free shuttle around the club, poor wifi

Inflatable Island and water activities- we were disappointed because there were no more tickets available when we purchased at 4pm even if area was not crowded

Difficult to contact the resort. No email response, too.

1  Thank Darion D
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa. Upon check in, reception gave us a map and the direction to our house. Housekeeping was still there so we decided to go around. Upon return, it turns out reception lead us to the wrong house. Hahaha.

We tried the Aqua Park. 1 hour is enough to explore the whole thing. Walking on the inflatables is already tiring. The best part of the Aqua Park is the giant slide. The men in charge of the Aqua Park are friendly and they help you get around too.

For dinner, we reserved seats for the buffet. It costs P500/head. There were only a few food choices, about 3 main dishes, 2 veggies, and fruits for dessert. The cost doesn’t include drinks. It probably would have been cheaper if we ordered ala carte dishes.

In the morning, we played tennis. The court is not maintained and the net wasn’t even a tennis net.

On the bright side, there are 3 swimming pools to enjoy, but only 1 of the pools had a kiddie pool.

The staff are friendly. They greet you when they meet you.

Our house (Caro) is also clean. There are 3 toilets and 2 showers with heaters - sufficient for a big group. The kitchen had cooking utensils and there was a grill outside so you can definitely bring your own food. There are plenty of beds too, which can comfortably accomodate 10 people.

Overall, the place is decent, staff are friendly, but the food is something they should improve on. I hope the management will also start to take care of their tennis court. :)

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We went there for Lunch.
So we arrived around 11:30 am. We get a table it was easy. Then 15 minutes later the waiter came to take our orders. So we ordered grilled tuna, adobong pusit, ampalaya and sisig tilapia plus 3 san miguel lights, mojito and 2 bottled water.
After 30 minutes my mojito was served. After almost an hour waiting the food arrived and yet the beer wasn’t serve. So me and my friends were just making fun that probably they would have to brew the beer first that’s why they need so long to bring the beers . Later on they brought the beer. Then i asked the waiter where’s the bottled water that we ordered, then he said I will follow up mam for the orders. And then we asked again still the sane answer he will follow up for the orders. After the fifth time that we asked for the bottled water finally I had my water.

But when we asked for the bill, they just need 2 minutes.

I gave 1* for the nice view.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends