Holiday Inn Reading West
US$62
De Vere Wokefield Estate(Stratfield Mortimer)
US$75
Travelodge Reading M4 Westbound(Burghfield)(Great Value!)
US$43
  • Restaurant
US$120
US$114
Official Site
All reviewsattending a weddinggood sizeroom was comfortable and cleancold meatsearly checkwould stay againstayed one nightplenty of parkingfollowing morningcooked breakfastfamily roomrestaurant staffnight's sleepinnsliamcolleaguemotorway
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We were allocated an Executive room. The bed was pushed against the wall to accommodate the sofa, thereby turning the double bed into a bunk! We shuffled the furniture to allow acces to the bed from either side. The windows in the room were fixed and we were unable to open, air condition was provided to allow temperature control, however this did not work resulting in a hot uncomforable night for us. There was a fan in the wardrobe (which would indicate hotel management are aware of the fault) but this did little to improve the situation. I ordered papers for both mornings of our stay, none were delivered. Breakfast was shambolic on the first morning and it took over 20 minutes to successfully replenish the "buffet" hot breakfast, only to find on arrival my baked beans were tepid. the lady on the table next to us waited the same amount of time for a cup of tea! The second morning the breakfast was cooked to order and was a much better affair with hot food delivered promptly and very satisfactory. Our room was a little tired with wallpaper torn in places and a battered lampshade (reported on arrival but not replaced during our two nigfht stay). Location is some way outside of Reading centre but very close to Aldermaston train station and we left the car and walked to the station (10 minutes) for a day trip to Windsor.
The staff were friendly and helpful (particularly the lady on reception) but in my view the hotel could do better, we will stay elsewhere when next in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back away from the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear bexythepirate,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your stay. We are very glad that our location was suitable for your needs and you found our staff to be friendly. On the other hand, I'd like to apologize if the condition of the room was less than satisfactory. Kindly be assured that your feedback has been noted and it'll be addressed with the appropriate departments to consider for improvements.

We value you as our guest and again, thank you for the candid review.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 April 2015

We visited recently for a Murder Mystery event. Having not stayed at a Holiday Inn before we were pleasantly surprised - the hotel is in a nice, quiet location and is comfortable, clean and has a cosy feel. We'd initially gone to the wrong place (didn't realise there was more than one in Reading) and we were very glad we weren't in the other one which was noisy and impersonal. This one had a nice, friendly welcome and our room was clean, comfortable and had all we needed. The bed was huge too.

We had breakfast and dinner included in our murder mystery package - I don't think either of us would have chosen the dinner from a menu but I presume this was selected by the organisers rather than the hotel - the quality was fine though - breakfast was great - buffet style and with everything you could wish for from hot selection to cereals, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, fruit.... if you can't find breakfast to suit you then you're too picky!

All in all it was a nice place to go and we would happily recommend

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Fabio B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

Dear Julie G,

Thank you for your review regarding your latest experience at the Holiday Inn Reading West.
I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team.
Regarding the condition, I will pass your comments to our refurbishment team to see what we can do to improve.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2015

This hotel hss gone through a recent face life, but only a light face life. All the walls have been redecorated, the rooms painted, but the bathrooms where not replaced, and some of the services seem poorly laid out. The restaurant is between the kitchen and the bar, and can feel like an alcove on a busy corridor. Thatcsaid, thecstaff and service was friendly, and really good, with the staff going the extra step.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear AndrewMunnings,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post your review following your recent stay at Holiday Inn Reading West. All the feedback we received is valued and used to help us learn lessons and to improve the service and facilities we offer.

I do hope you will reconsider using Holiday Inn Reading West next time you are in the Reading/Newbury area; we'd be very pleased to see you again.

Reviewed 5 April 2015

We held a party at this hotel and it seemed like the whole place was given over to us, there were other guests there but the service we received was as though we were VIPs. The staff were excellent and all the timings and promises were delivered. Nothing was too much trouble. The party went without a hitch and was a fantastic evening. Fourteen of us stayed for the night and had a smashing breakfast at a very reasonable rate. I would recommend this hotel for any family function.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally J

Dear Sally J,

I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the Hotel team.

Reviewed 30 March 2015

The hotel is rather remote especially for a visitor unsure of the area, the car park is close to the entrance and reception which is useful with children. We attended a function at the hotel and the staff were fab at accommodating my daughter who is allergic to dairy going out of their way to provide. There wasn't a lift upstairs which was a bit hard carrying the baby in his car seat and bags with a 2 year old too but the staff helped me get to the bedroom. The bedroom was set up ready for us which was fab and there was ample towels. Room service was efficient however my pizza was pretty soggy and full of rocket everywhere, but the guy who brought it up was really polite even knocking quietly knowing I had children present. There was no wifi which I thought was a downside and £4.95 p/hour a little much for me only light browsing! I did enjoy myself here though so had cherished memories.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family

Dear Beau J,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our team.

Thanks again for staying with us.

We hope to see you again soon!