“Afternoon Tea”
Review of Teapots of Olney

Teapots of Olney
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Olney
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run traditional tearoom with home made cakes and scones. Food cooked freshly to order. Gluten free food always available. Special afternoon tea is a perfect treat.
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Wow what a lovely treat! Fabulous deeply filled fresh made sandwiches . Light tasty homemade scones with an excellent pot of tea. Friendly excellent service !! What’s not to like . Definitely come here again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

After seeing precious reviews of Teapots, my boyfriend decided to take us here for an afternoon tea.
They don't take bookings, so we arrived here for 3ish on a Saturday. We were seated straight away, the menu was clear and they offered everything as gluten free!
From breakfasts to pancakes, sandwiches to afternoon tea. The afternoon tea included a beverage of your choosing, sandwich (either with white, brown or gluten free bread) with crisps and a light side salad and a scone with cream and jam- all for a set price of £7.00 per person!
Our drinks arrived promptly, followed closely with the tea itself!!! All within... 10 minutes of ordering.
The gluten free sandwich was light and soft, and the fruit scone was devine!

I would highly recommend Teapots to anyone gluten free, there's so much choice!!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

This was so perfect! We wanted to stop for a snack going North to home and avoid the motorway service areas. We had afternoon tea of a choice of sandwich, scone with jam and cream and tea and coffee. Everything arrived very promptly and beautifully presented. All freshly made and very tasty. The scones were warm, crusty on the outside and soft in the middle - perfection. We would have preferred clotted cream but that is just a preference. The bill was very good value too. We found a gem here and will visit agsin on our travels. Do call in! And try for yourself

Reviewed 7 March 2018

It is a while since my last review of Teapots, and as a resident of this town I go quite often, but I haven’t been for afternoon tea before. I went today with a friend, as a result of a voucher given to me as a birthday present, and wondered why I haven’t had this before. Beautifully presented, imaginative sandwiches, lovely warm freshly baked scones with plenty of thick cream and raspberry jam, tiny cakes etc and an endless supply of freshly brewed tea, all made with tealeaves and not dusty bags, it made a great birthday treat. This is my very favourite tea shop in Olney, and we have quite a lot of coffee/teashops, and it never fails. A lovely old fashioned ambience, and Sue and David couldn’t be nicer nor more welcoming.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Teapots is a delightful tea shop which serves a great range of oh so very fresh cakes and scones. We weren't hungry enough to do justice to a full afternoon tea and so just had tea and scones. I have often been disappointed with dry or heavy scones - certainly not the situation at Teapots, they were really light and the texture was just right!

The tea was great and beautifully served in a pot. Our American visitors thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

The teashop is attractive and the staff team were absolutely lovely, they could not have been more friendly and welcoming. We will DEFINITELY be back!