“The best and most personal hotel in Los Penitentes and on earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Penitentes
Ayelen Hotel de Montana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Los Penitentes
Reviewed 9 January 2017

On December 28, I came down from Plaza of Mulas, Aconcagua where my summit attempt was thwarted by a turbulent weather. I was trying to catch a bus to Santiago from Los Penitentes. Hotel Ayelen hotel gave me information about transportation and made a reservation at my request. The bus which was supposed to stop by during 11:30-12:00 did not emerge. The owner of Ayelen, Steve, arranged to have me stay at the hotel for free and offered me a free breakfast as well. He also arranged a ride for me in the car of his friend who was driving to Santiago the next morning. The no-show of the bus was no fault of Ayelen, and Ayelen was simply doing me a favor to help reserve the bus. What happened afterwards has demonstrated that Ayelen takes every client's or potential client's interest to its heart and goes out its way to help them. If you visit Aconcagua or simply stop by at Los Penitentes, Ayelen is definitely your best choice for your stay, because of the relaxing comfort and personal attention you will receive. Their restaurant by the way has some of the most delicious dishes you can ever find on earth. I also enjoyed their excellent selection of wine, liquors and beers.

George, California

Room Tip: Everything is great and you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 December 2016

A very friendly place, all the staff where great and the Manager (Ste) is an exceptional host.
Proberbley the best mountain hotel I have been in, in my 30 years of mountaineering.
I plane to return to this hotel next year or the year after to finish Aconcague.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Steve, the owner, and his friendly staff have done a terrific job turning the Ayelen into a hotel where people want to stay. The rooms are clean and neat and the food is excellent. Can't wait until my next visit!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2016

We stayed in this amazing hotel before and after our Aconcagua expedition. I also knew this hotel from my trip to Aconcagua 3 years ago. So it was clear to use this place as a base again. We enjoyed it again.
The rooms are not the most beautiful ones BUT take in consideration WHERE you are and you will love the rooms which are definitely clean and cosy.
The hotel itself has a beautiful dining room (I love the style of it - wood and stones) where you can enjoy excellent food and a big range of wines. After our expedition we enjoyed a celebrating dinner there which could not have been more remarkable.
Steve, the chief of the hotel, takes care about his guests in an amazing way. He gives you useful advice on travelling in this area and if you need something - he will help you through. For us, Steve became a friend who gave us a wonderful time before and after our expedition. Thank you for beeing a friend and making our expedition to an unforgotten event!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016

This small hotel was a real life saver when the border between Chile and Argentina closed due to mudslides. More than 4,000 people were trapped in the no man's land in between Mendoza Argentina and Chile, yet Steve and his team at Ayelen were accommodating, kind and helpful to us. The hotel is welcoming, with a nice lobby, bar and restaurant. The food was fabulous. All the personnel were blue ribbon. If you are in this area among the tall mountains, this lodge is superb.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the most quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
7.3 km away
Refugio de Montana Mundo Perdido
Refugio de Montana Mundo Perdido
#1 of 6 in Los Penitentes

Been to Ayelen Hotel de Montana? Share your experiences!