Hotels.com
Travelocity
Agoda.com
Priceline
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2019

A very beautiful and friendly lake resort. Good food, lots of beautiful scenery, comfortable rooms, and quite atmosphere. The location is good and there are lovely restaurants in the town. Boat trip around lake is scenic and lovely. Lots of color at this time of year and not one of those crowded towns.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
RezeptionGrundlsee, Rezeption at Mondi Hotel Am Grundlsee, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2019

Dear Safari24289, thank you for appreciating our little paradise. We hope to welcome you back soon! Gabi Donner for the MONDI team

Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed 3 dbl 1 sgl rooms for 2 nights. The view of the rooms were amazing. Rooms were very clean. The breakfast buffet was very nice and tasty. Only problem ; parking. Its hard to find a spot and you are carrying your own bags. while we were checking in we learned that we cant eat at the hotel because they are fully booked; so it might be useful to book the restaurant before you check in. So the view was breathtaking.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2019

As a Hilton Grand Vacation owner with access to RCI resorts, Seeblickhotel Grundlsee was one of the first resorts I bookmarked. I would go out to the website just to look at the pictures. When my husband and I were finally able to book our holiday there, I was so excited to see for myself how incredible the location actually was, and it did not disappoint. Pictures do not do it justice! No matter how many pictures you take, it does not reflect the pure beauty of the Grundlsee and its surrounding location in the Salzkammergut region. It is almost heaven.

The resort itself is very charming and the rooms are comfortable, clean and accommodating. They have everything you need. If I had one negative, I thought the mattress was too hard, however, my husband thought it was just right. So we cancel each other out.

I was glad to have some basic German language skills, however, the staff does everything possible to communicate with you and make sure you are cared for throughout your stay. They are also very knowledgable about the area and can recommend hiking trails for every level and time constraints.

The food was delicious and plentiful. Breakfast was our favorite. The staff prefers you make reservations for dinner, however, we did not want to be tied to a time so the days we dined at the resort they always found room for us. ( I don't know about lunch b/c we were never around during lunch time)

It's good to have a car so you can explore the entire region. Dachstein, St. Wolfgang, Hallstatt, Gosau am Dachstein, Altaussee, etc are all great hiking locations and lovely towns to walk around. However, you can just stay at the resort, they have bikes to rent and plenty of hiking trails to explore. We planned each day according to the weather. Rain or Sun, it doesn't matter, it is still unbelievably beautiful!!!

I cannot wait to return to the Seeblickhotel Grundlsee. The internet connectivity, was not good, as mentioned in other reviews, but I wasn't sad about it! I was able to receive texts and phone calls to keep in touch with family.

Thank you so much for a wonderful, relaxing holiday!

From: Saint Louis, Missouri USA

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
RezeptionGrundlsee, Rezeption at Mondi Hotel Am Grundlsee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2019

Dear VinceAnnette,

thank you so much for your kind review. I got goose pimples when I read it. It is an honour for us to see, how much you enjoyed your stay at Grundlsee and we hope you will be back soon! Of course we can also soften your mattress with a topper so still your husband can sleep on the harder mattress and you will have an even more relaxing stay.

Sending kind regards from sunny lake Grundlsee to Saint Louis,

Gabi Donner for the MONDI team

Reviewed 27 September 2019

Great location, the views are magnificent. There is lots to do locally . The apartment we had was comfortable and nicely furnished though not in a very modern style . the kitchen area is adequate for simple meal preparation Excellent staff, excellent spa.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2019

This resort was located in the country side which had magnificent views. The cabins were clean and house keeping came once during the week which is standard. The internet wasn't working great in our unit and had to go to the lobby to use it (not a big issue). The staff was nice but some at the reception had more trouble communicating in English so it made explaining some issues, like internet, a little harder. But the staff was nice and tried to accommodate us by giving us another separate internet unit but ended up having no data left so it was difficult to explain that to the staff that wasn't the same who provided it in the first place. But really amazing location that was on the lake and close to Hallstatt and Salzburg. I recommend and would go back.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear sacrakings55, thank you for evaluating your stay with us. We are trying hard to find a solution with our provider to offer a better internet connection to our guests and hope we can solve the issue in the near future. I am lucky, you did not feel too bothered to use the connection in the lobby. We hope you will be back and send kind regards from sunny lake Grundlsee - Gabi Donner for the MONDI team