“Sublime Caribbean setting”
Review of Tukka

Tukka
Reserve with OpenTable
Tukka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in East End
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Description: Located just footsteps from one of the most gorgeous ocean views, looking out on the Wreck of the Ten Sails. Watch the playful seagulls wait for Chef Ron to throw them a surprise! Passenger’s rave about the friendly and fun atmosphere created by Chef Ron and his wife Lana. The lucky passengers staying on the quiet East end enjoy his Sunday Brunches and great breakfasts. Chef Ron Hargrave, who hails from “Down Under”, has created a mouth watering menu, combining the freshest local seafood with an authentic Australian flair to create an amazing dining experience for the whole family. So many passenger's love his Walk-About Wednesdays! Enjoy an Australian themed 4-Course dinner with culinary delights to tickle the taste buds! Includes in this $40 dinner is a complimentary glass of wine or beer of your choice, Ala-Carte menu also available! Return transfers can be arranged with our courtesy vehicle for the Morritts Tortuga & Reef Resort as well Compass Point Dive Lodge. Just ask your concierge or front desk for bookings.
Reviewed 24 March 2017

This place has it all. Situated in the sleepy east end of the Island, it has a veranda over the white sand beach with glorious views out to sea. Inside it has lots of atmosphere and espouses 'tukka time' - anytime spent at this place is quality time in my opinion.

I had a Mudslide cocktail to start with - I have them all over the Island and the ones at Tukka are without doubt some of the best.

For my main I had the Conch & Crocodile Burger, with chips and Scotch bonnet Remoulade sauce. I've decided I don't like Crocodile, although the Conch was nice. Still i can't hold my tastebuds against this place - I just know what not to order next time!!

The waiters are friendly and our large group of around 11 had a wonderful time under the shade of the veranda - enjoying our food and sublime views. I recommend this place - prices aren't cheap but then that’s the Island for you! Come and visit and enjoy Tukka time!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,571)

Reviewed 23 March 2017

We loved Tukka so much for lunch, we came back for dinner!

Lunch was perfect, lion fish tacos were the best I've ever had. My date had a fish sandwich which was also amazing, delicious blackened seasoning and some Cajun sauces. The beautiful views over the water is stunning, and you can see the ship wreck with binoculars from the balcony!

Our dinner the following night was just as memorable. The menu is totally different, larger, fancier plates, also more expensive, but just as delicious. I had salmon over alfredo pasta which was very good, and my boyfriend had shrimp/ prawn curry with coconut bismati rice, this was amazing. Very delicious. Also the fried brie appetizer was very delicious, loved it!

Service was great. Very friendly, both times. Our dinner was especially romantic because there was live music (guitar, harp, violin) playing classical beach songs from table to table. This was so great to set the mood for a nice dinner on the islands.

Perfect! We love Tukka!

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

We were so excited to finally have dinner here. The seating along the beach is quaint and the food was excellent. However, both the host and waiter were far from concerned regarding our experience. Curt, unengaging, and largely absent. Tido might have just been having a rough evening, but at these prices customers expect better.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

We went there for my son's 21st birthday, his choice , he had heard how good it was. We went out by taxi, 6 of us. It is a long drive from SMB, that was OK, we enjoyed the time to chat in the taxi van. We got to the restaurant and had a nice table, outside, with a view of the water. Then it went downhill. The service was VERY slow, it took over an hour to get our main courses, we each had a different dish as well as appetizers and none of us thought any of it was very good. The conch fritters, the steak, the fish, none of it. My son said a couple of days later that in hindsight he wished he had picked a different restaurant. We won't go there again. We live in Grand Cayman.

3  Thank islandmom3
Reviewed 20 March 2017

My family all enjoyed eating here. We enjoyed the beautiful view overlooking the ocean. The food was excellent. My college age son ate a lot of burgers while on the island and said that this is the best one he had. I had the Lion Fish tacos and thoroughly enjoyed them. We stayed on Seven Mile Beach but it was fun driving the island and stopping at Tukka's.