“The best snorkeling in the Galapagos for me!”
Review of Concha de Perla

Concha de Perla
Book In Advance
More Info
US$230.00*
and up
Full-Day Tour Isabela and Tintoreras
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Our tour group of 3 went snorkeling here late morning and it was fantastic! You have to walk over marine iguanas and sea lions on the boardwalk to the cove! Not super clear water like in Hawaii, but once I got used to it, I saw more and more! We saw sea turtles, bat rays, tons of fish, chocolate chip sea stars, a sleeping marble ray, about 60 black-tipped reef sharks, hundreds of sardines/mackerels(?), marine iguanas swimming (which is really cool to watch), and sea lions swimming with us! Amazing! I had a free afternoon the next day and went back. It was a little choppier, but still saw quite a bit! Didn't see nearly as much in the other 3 spots I snorkeled in the Galapagos as I did here!

1  Thank StorkRN1
"snorkeling gear"
in 6 reviews
"sting ray"
in 5 reviews
"the water is crystal clear"
"free attraction"

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

It opens at 6am. I got there just before 7am and was the first person there. A couple of sealions chilling on the deck. They swam with me for a while which was amazing. I saw a bunch of fish but nothing else. The water was a bit murkey but still got some good underwater photos. Water wasn’t too cold, didn’t need a wetsuit. You don’t need fins either, I just had a snorkel. The water is really calm. Fins damage the corals. There are posts to hang your bags on.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Easy, right off the dock where your ferry drops you off. We swam with two sea lions, saw a sting raw, swam with marine iguanas, and a turtle

Reviewed 14 May 2018

i saw a beautiful rae over there snorkeling with plenty of white dots on her back as well as multiple beautiful fishs! its free and the snorkling is amazing!

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 May 2018

An easy walk from the heart of Puerto Villamil, you will be walking passed the wharf and several seals having a rest on the boardwalk on your way to Concha de Perla. It's a small lagoon near the pier you arrive at in Isla Isabela. The water is crystal clear. You can find an abundance of fish, small sharks and, if you're lucky, playful seals wanting to swim and play in the water while you snorkel. I was lucky enough to have one friendly little seal swimming around next to me, whilst I was filming with my GoPro. It was a great memory from my time in Isla Isabela. Make sure you get down here.