“Group booking”
Review of Durham Ox

Durham Ox
Reserve with OpenTable
Durham Ox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Crayke
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We regularly go out with friends and has been a while since we were here and were not disappointed.
We had the private dining room upstairs which has its own lounge for up to 12 people.
The young lady who served us was excellent and couldn't do enough for us.
Food was superb and we had choices from both the specials board and the private dining menu.
There is a selection of 4 different real ales as well as a good wine list.
Don't forget to stop to admire the view from the car park

2  Thank JGraham12

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We stayed overnight midweek at the excellent Durham Ox. Our room, Lavender, had everything we needed, including a very good shower. We had taken our cocker spaniel with us and she was made very welcome too. Dinner was fabulous with a really good, though not lengthy, selection of wines and a huge list of whiskies and brandies if we wished. The following morning, breakfast was top notch with plenty of delicious hot and cold options. We'll be back!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Beautifully presented, well priced and delicious! This is pub food at its very best, it is an excellent high quality pub.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

After deciding to stay at the Durham Ox, I looked on comparison websites Trivago etc and wa sgiven the price of £140:00 for two nights. I then looked on the Durham Ox's own website which stated best price for two nights £140:00 at this point I rang the Durham Ox (2/02/18/) to book the stay when I was informed that the price was £198:00. I explained to the person that I was currenlty on their website and gave him the price that their website was giving me for some reason he failed to comprehend this stating "the prices on comaprison webstites may not be updated yet" ni matter how many times I tried to explain that I was on their website and not a comparison website he jsut could not grasp it "is it saying pricees from" " No its says best price ON YOUR WEBSITE. Needles to say I did not book and found alterntive local accomodation. Please ensure you check the prices you are quoted on their website is the actual price for your stay.

7  Thank Ged S
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We have just spent 5 nights in the area, and went to the Durham Ox on the first night to try it. Superb rib eye steaks, excellent friendly service, good prices. Went back on our third night, and discovered the early bird menu, so not only had another superb meal, but also at a lower cost. Needless to say we had to go back again on our 5th night - as well as the rib eyes I can thoroughly recommend the prawn cocktail. steak sandwich and sticky toffee pudding. I wish we didn't live 260 miles away!